Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help With Is200 Plz

red_3211

hi im a new menber...i have just bought a is200 se 2000 and am wondering if you could help me...it has the service history which i have not got yet as its only my uncle that has it...the car has 140k on the clock...( i know its a lot but i wanted it and im a student so wt can i say) i had an issue with a seat leon previously where the cam belt snapped and want to be cautious with this car. im thinking of replacing the cambelt but have read that i may have to replace the water pump....i dnt know a lot about car other than how to drive hem reali so wondering if you could help...and also what are the items included within a timing belt kit and would it be cheaper to purchase them seperatly...(student thinkin...always try to get things cheaper)..

thanx for takin ur time to read this and would be grateful for any information and heal that you may provide in advance...

you can buy the cambelt kit(belt and two tension rollers) from lexus for about £130 waterpump £100 - it is best to do the waterpump at the same time to avoid stripping it all back down later if the pump fails then find a mechanic to fit it all

Cambelt should be changed every 60,000 miles

what would happen if the water pump should go...sorry again not clued up on car mechanical workings...have you heard of skf i thinks its called from euro car parts...apparently they have a stronger and longer lasting cam belt...i have found a kit on euro car parts for £90 and the skf mentioned for £126....would it even be worth the extra money...and r there any other problems that i may encounter with the car being at 140k...sorry to ask all the question but i just want to learn what could go wrong and prevent it before it happens...im sure u understand that i want to preserve my baby lex...lol

its generally best to use oem -original equipment manafacturer-parts on a lexus for best results especially cambelt kits which cause a lot of damage if they fail-if anything else goes wrong engine or electrics wise a yellow light will appear on the dash-you get a garage to plug your car into an obd scanner to get the fault codes

not a problem-if your timing belt were to fail there is a high degree of probability thet your engine would be rendered useless or in need of a very expensine rebuild - you should get the service book asap or if not available get in touch with lexus who may have details of cambelt changes on the system-by reights your car should of had two cambelt changes by now,they may show up on the service records from lexus-if a main dealer has done cambelt change you will have a silver sticker on the cambelt cover with details of date and mileage cambelt change completed at

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links