Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Rs200 Turbo

Lionboy

Hi guys,

I've recently bought my rs200, with turbo conversion, direct import. Couple of questions:

1. CDs are jammed, can someone explain how to remove the bolts holding the console in?

2. Sat nav is in Japanese and i'm not quite fluent yet (wots the metal disc drive in the boot for??)

3. It has a twin plate clutch so driving a bit sore on the foot, is the gearbox meant to sound clumpy

around town? (going slow)

4. Where can I get an English remote for the sat nav?

Cheers guys, any help greatly appreciated!

Hi guys,

I've recently bought my rs200, with turbo conversion, direct import. Couple of questions:

1. CDs are jammed, can someone explain how to remove the bolts holding the console in?

2. Sat nav is in Japanese and i'm not quite fluent yet (wots the metal disc drive in the boot for??)

3. It has a twin plate clutch so driving a bit sore on the foot, is the gearbox meant to sound clumpy

around town? (going slow)

4. Where can I get an English remote for the sat nav?

Cheers guys, any help greatly appreciated!

1. look in the stereo section for IS200 removal been covered a million time.

2. The metal drive is the disc for the satnav

3. not sure

4. Dont bother, replace the screen with a Sony Touch screen sat nav, much better

1. Ditch the factory stereo, they eat CD's & you wont be able to pick up most UK radio stations on it anyway. I replaced mine with a nice Alpine that has iPod control & USB input.

2. The metal disc drive is the sat nav brain as such. The navigation runs off a CD. You can remove it but you need reconnect a few wires or your RH front speaker wont work anymore. There's info on how to do this on the ACNZA forums.

3.Plenty of people have commented that twin plate clutches are noisy on the Altezza'a but if it's more the gear box making the noise then I'd get it checked out. Best thing you can do is put some Redline MT-90 oil in your box.

4. Japanese sat nav wont work outside of Japan as it works on radio freq rather than satellite. As sparkystav said put a aftermarket unit in there. You'll need one with a 5" screen for the best fit.

Cool guys thanks.

Ive had my mechanic test the car, he says the clutch is normal. The boost is currently on going up to 0.3 bar. Its going on a rolling road next week then possibly getting remapped.

Where can i find a sony touch screen, and is it easy enough to replace the current one? and where does the power supply for the sony go?

Another thing, are both mirrors supposed to retract of just the drivers side?

post-33780-12731562879.jpg

post-33780-127315630527.jpg

post-33780-127315631646.jpg

post-33780-127315632475.jpg

looks nice. all your question has been answered. no point me going through it as the answers will be the same. car looks very good what sort of power its running

Very nice.

Yes both mirrors should retract.

With the aftermarket GPS make sure you get one that turns on when powered up rather than having to press a a power button each time as you may not be able to access the button when its installed in the housing.

This thread maybe of some help to you http://z4.invisionfr...pic=10286&st=25 & this one for wiring http://z4.invisionfr...showtopic=10108

What ECU is your car running? If it's a plane blue Greddy one they can't be mapped outside of Japan

I'm not sure of the power or the ecu as yet. Hopefully I'll get it on the rolling road next week, then I'll have an idea. The guys mentioned something to me about putting another chip on it. Thanks for the links, looks like useful stuff, although like those guys I'm struggling to find either a 5" sat nav or 5" LCD computer. The other problem that's bothering me is the idle, it currently bobbs up and down between 1000-2000 rpm, most of the time just under 2000.

Clean the MAF sensor & throttle body out. The should help with the idle a bit but from my experience if the idle is dropping up & down that much it's usually a faulty EFI water temp sensor that causing the problem. Could also be the aftermarket ECU that's causing it?

I've checked the MAF sensor and it seems fine. It's an electronic throttle in the car, so I don't know if it's as easy to detach and clean. I'll probably take it to the garage to let them have a better look. I'll find out more about the ecu next week as I'm sure it's an aftermarket one.