Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi every body i have a lexus LS400 1995 and am fitting a parrot ck300eve i have hard wired it in but to mute the radio it says to conect yellow wire to blue/white on radio i have conected it at back of radio but it will not mute radio thank you keith

Hi every body i have a lexus LS400 1995 and am fitting a parrot ck300eve i have hard wired it in but to mute the radio it says to conect yellow wire to blue/white on radio i have conected it at back of radio but it will not mute radio thank you keith

Hi Keith

I just did a search on here of "parrot" and there was a load of stuff that might solve your problem. Also try searching handsfree, Bluetooth and anything else that might be relavant. Sorry I cant be anymore use. Lets us know how you get on.

I've sometimes noticed similarities between the Lexus telephone systems in the UK and US specification Lexus LS cars. Maybe your UK spec LS has an easily accessible audio mute pin in the factory installed phone harness like US models do.

On a 1995 US spec LS400, there is a three pin connector on the driver side (left side for us) under the air vent you see when the arm rest is lifted. Here is a link to a thread on the U.S. forum that shows a yellow Nokia phone kit mute wire plugged into this connector.

My 2000 US spec LS400 has a similar factory installed 6-pin phone connector in the same location. My phone kit's mute wire is secured to the mute pin (middle front pin) with a plastic cable tie.

If you find the factory installed phone connector under your air vent, you can test for a mute pin by grounding each pin while your radio is playing. On the US 95-00 Lexus LS, there is also a audio system mute pin in the trunk (OK ... boot) on one of the connectors that would plug into the dealer installed Lexus phone ECU.

I don't know if UK LS models have them, but the 95-00 US spec LS400 has a phone antenna imprinted on the rear window. If your car has an imprinted phone antenna and you have a charging cradle with an antenna connection you might be able to use it. My US spec 00 LS has a factory installed phone antenna coax cable near the connector with the mute pin. I connected the antenna lead from my phone's charging cradle to it and connected two factory installed phone antenna coax cables in the trunk to activate it.

Hi.

Get a voltmeter, look for a yellow/green wire going into the back of the radio, turn the radio on.

Stick one end of the volt meter into the plug where the yellow/green wire goes in and the other to ground.

If the radio mutes then thats the wire you need (it was yellow/green on my 98 400, and on my 02 430), if not then try a few others, just be careful not to bridge two or more together and you should be ok.

Dont use a test screwdriver.

Its not easy to make the contact first time because there is little room to get a probe into the plug, if it is too tight just strip a little insulation off the lead, you can use tape or a scotch lock after.