Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Factory Satnav + Other Info Needed

I'm working on a custom satnav / ICE project for my IS and want it to look and function (where possible) as close to factory as possible when complete so need a bit of info from others:

1 - The Open/Close & Tilt buttons on the factory satnav unit have LEDs within them - when exactly do these buttons illuminate? I assume it is only when the headlights are on? Are they controlled at all by the HUD brightness dial or are they simply on/off dependant on Headlights status?

2 - The Illumination feed wire - is this a variable line dependant on the HUD brightness dial position - or is it a fixed logic style signal ie on/off?

3 - The Tilt button - what exactly happens when this is pressed vs held.. Are there predetermined tilt positions? If so, how many positions can the screen tilt to? What happens when you reach the limit of tilt in one direction? - Does the screen revert to a fully open position and reset the tilt motions, or does it simply start to tilt in the reverse direction - for example, assume Tilt positions 1 2 & 3... 1 is the same as fully open and 2 is slightly angled, and 3 is angled more than 2...Lets assume that 1 is the starting point.. a single press takes you to position 2, and a second press takes you to 3... where would the next press take you?

4 - Engine Start / Stop - does the screen return to the same tilt position when the ignition is reset or does it return to fully open?

5 - Wiring Diagrams - does anyone have a complete downloadable version of the wiring diagrams for the IS 200 - the online version at bahamut doesn't work on my pc (but does on a friends pc) - so would be good to get another version I can access at any time..

I'm sure I'll have more questions as the project progresses, but for now I am still in the R&D phase so no pics to post (YET!)

1. they re simply on/off dependant on Headlights status

3. 3 possitions when at end it starts over from begging. not reverse

4. screen remembers where it was positioned

As far as the OEM satnav housing is concerned, I think it's just 4 wires that need to be connected up and it will go up and down and function exactly as a factory fit one does. Then you can put whatever screen you want to in and work that all separately.

As far as the OEM satnav housing is concerned, I think it's just 4 wires that need to be connected up and it will go up and down and function exactly as a factory fit one does. Then you can put whatever screen you want to in and work that all separately.

Do you know where I can get the plug that connects to the factory circuit board? Also do you know where I can get the FULL pinout for the factory plug? I have the datasheet for the factory screen and it shows lines for speed, reverse and parking brake which I may need depending on how far I go initially...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links