Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie-Picked Up Is250 Today

Drove all the way to Sheffield from London this morning to part exchange my 06 Mazda 6 with a IS250 SE-L in sargasso green. fell in love with it within the first 300 yards i drove it. i was playing with all the toys on it on the way back .. a couple of questions though

could anyone mastered all the voice commands perfectly .. :winky:

i couldnt hear the exhaust note no matter how much i revved the engine.. all i could hear is a smooth engine revving .. is that the case with all the 250s?

hi

welcome and congratulations. i have had my se-l for a year now and it still floats my boat every time i drive it :lol:

i also never hear the exhaust on mine, just the engine, and only when i floor it and unleash the beast. otherwise the only sign i have that the engine is running is the rev counter :P .

as for the voice commands, the only time i really use them is when i'm showing off the car to someone, and tell it to set the temperature. i find that my south african accent confuses it a little, and the controls on the steering wheel and touch screen are so simple to use that i don't ever really think about the voice commands :lol:

enjoy and well done again on a great choice of wheels B)

hi

welcome and congratulations. i have had my se-l for a year now and it still floats my boat every time i drive it :lol:

i also never hear the exhaust on mine, just the engine, and only when i floor it and unleash the beast. otherwise the only sign i have that the engine is running is the rev counter :P .

as for the voice commands, the only time i really use them is when i'm showing off the car to someone, and tell it to set the temperature. i find that my south african accent confuses it a little, and the controls on the steering wheel and touch screen are so simple to use that i don't ever really think about the voice commands :lol:

enjoy and well done again on a great choice of wheels B)

Another quick question ...

After a quick motorway way blast when i entered london, the seems to be pulling well from 30 even in fifth gear... is it ok to crawl around in 5th gear whilst doing 30..my old diesel never had any problems doing that because the amount of torque it had,,, or what is recomended gear when doing 30?

Hi , Pleased to hear you love your new IS . I fell in love with mine in about the same distance as you , as for the voice commands well forget it unless your showing off ! Just Enjoy !

Im going to look at an IS250, se-l, mm, on monday, im going from a BMW,320d so i get around 500 miles to a tank of fuel, but what can i expect from a full tank on the IS250?.

Im going to look at an IS250, se-l, mm, on monday, im going from a BMW,320d so i get around 500 miles to a tank of fuel, but what can i expect from a full tank on the IS250?.

I filled up the IS250 with 58 litres on 1st May @ Sheffield where i bought it when the range showing as 30 miles... filled it up again yesterday with 48 litres when the range was shown as 84 miles .. and i did 331 miles between both the fillings... 184 miles on Motorway and rest in London suburbs ... now you do the maths :hehe: ;) :D :P