Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changin' Oil In Is 200.

How's goin lads. Recently i bought 01 IS 200 in A/T( 3 months ago ). After few weeks car got a little bit smokey. Previous owner told me that he just changed oil to 10W40 gulf ? or something like that. I bought 5 litres of Castrol 15W40 GTX High Mileage oil as the car just hit 120k miles and after consulting with a friend he told not to go for for that oil. I chose it because car was, what i think abused before i got it. What u think guys ?

PS sorry for my english :> Regards

How's goin lads. Recently i bought 01 IS 200 in A/T( 3 months ago ). After few weeks car got a little bit smokey. Previous owner told me that he just changed oil to 10W40 gulf ? or something like that. I bought 5 litres of Castrol 15W40 GTX High Mileage oil as the car just hit 120k miles and after consulting with a friend he told not to go for for that oil. I chose it because car was, what i think abused before i got it. What u think guys ?

PS sorry for my english :> Regards

Most ppl are using 5w 30 fully synthetic i think...but if it has been abused then you may want some advise off someone like oilman from opie olis.

I have 150k + on mine and always used amsoil or silkolene pro (think it may have been renamed now)