Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Brake Disc

tempo

i need a new brake disc for my car. 98 v300. has anyone used the drilled slotted rotor from lexuspro.com. i want to try a different disc

Does any one else find the brakes on the Aristo not that impressive ? I get a slight steering wheel shake under braking which i assume could be warped disks service booked on the 18th so will ask them to check if this is the case i would buy after market disks and pads any recommendations :question:

Hey Rodders,

I notice you put "any decent garage" can fit the pads.... does that imply that lexus arent "decent garages"? ..... dont answer that - with the exception of leicester theyre all double glazing salesmen with posh premises who refuse to acknowledge that the lexus brand is actually toyota! am i bitter?.... yeah ... brilliant cars ... sh*te dealers. (now on my 3rd lexus and 9th year!)

i called the EBC guys in tilbury but they said they dont do the disc for gs300. i may be tempted to go for the american disc. its $300 for front and back disc.

am not really sure about shipping but i will ring them and see.

i called the EBC guys in tilbury but they said they dont  do the disc for gs300....

Cobblers...

Get your EBC contacts to read this page then!! :iraqi-info-minister:

EBC Rotors for Mrk 1 GS300 93-onwards

It's from their own site :lol:

EBC part No. GD781 Front Disc for GS300

Send me a PM for details on the recent Group buy price of £150 inc vat from UK supplier.

The IS200, IS300, Altezza, Gs300/400/430, and the Aristo are using the same pads and rotors.

By the way, I would think it would be much more cost efficient to buy rotors from an UK vendor. Most rotors vendors (also USA) are using blank OEM rotors from brembo or Bradi, which are likely produced in Europe.

I personally would try Black Diamond disks (not sure if they are really available). By the way, I heard that they also were using brembo? blank rotors, but they have their own enhancement process to improve this disks.

Cobblers...

Get your EBC contacts to read this page then!! 

EBC Rotors for Mrk 1 GS300 93-onwards

It's from their own site 

EBC part No. GD781 Front Disc for GS300

Send me a PM for details on the recent Group buy price of £150 inc vat from UK supplier.

There both mk2 98 Aristos not mk1s are they the same on the mk2 or did they change it

i spoke to my local car parts shop and they sell EBC disc and pads, but it will take weeks to deliver.

you were right guys, is200 disc and gs300 ones are the same.

front disc D781 (NOT GROOVED) £119.66 INC VAT

GD781 ( GROOVED) £197.21 INC VAT

green stuff pads front £62.38

rear disc D782 £110.26

rear pads £45.99

which disc have you got? the grooved or normal. is there much diffrence

are these the right prices or can i get them cheaper

Rodders and pee.j

Phoned EBC also, said they dont have Lexus listed but can probably make them or said the supra ones might fit ?

Do you know if this is the case and if the Gs300 and Aristo brakes are the same ?

Yeah - not true - I bought mine from Sejoc

Aisto, personally if your is a turbo, id steer clear of the EBC products, i dont want to get into the well i like/i dont like thing again, but i have posted my experiances before.

if you drive generously... look at something else, the ebc pads are matched to the discs, but the pad is still way to agressive for the disc material.

warped discs are common with EBC if driven hard, as the pad generates 2 much heat

Cheers Mat i dont mind your do's and dont likes as i am fairly new to the forums and have not read all older posts if you think they are ***** id rather know from someone who has had experience with products i havent.

The disks and pads are knackered and i want new ones dont see the point buying standard ones any more recommendations from anyone maybe the is200 guys what do they uprate to?

I've just got back from www.knockhill.co.uk after caning the crap out of my Aristo V300.

I use BLACK DIAMOND discs, grooved.

Pads were Apex.

Using regular brake fluid, stock brake lines and stock 2-pot calipers.

The car stopped pretty much as well as the Scooby's and Evos.

It took around 5-6 laps round Knockhill before I felt a bit of brake fade, then I came off cooled down and went for it again.

This compares to around 3 laps on standard stoppers, be it a Lex or M3/M5, they don't have the brakes for heavy use as standard.

My favourite pads are Ferodo but I'm having a bit of bother getting hold of them.

See pics at :

http://www.johnoldfield.dsl.pipex.com/digi...07-0779_IMG.htm

http://www.johnoldfield.dsl.pipex.com/digi...07-0779_IMG.htm

http://www.lexusvertex.com/knockhill20thjune03.htm

• 1 year later...

You said that the rotor is the same but what about the caliper is that the same too?

i spoke to my local car parts shop and they sell EBC disc and pads, but it will take weeks to deliver.

you were right guys, is200 disc and gs300 ones are the same.

front disc D781  (NOT GROOVED)  £119.66  INC VAT

GD781 ( GROOVED)  £197.21 INC VAT

green stuff pads front £62.38

rear disc D782  £110.26

rear pads £45.99

which disc have you got? the grooved or normal. is there much diffrence

are these the right prices or can i get them cheaper

So the disc pads and the rotors are all the same/

Even for the aristo TT Vertex as well?

What about the brake calipers? Are they the same as well?

The IS200, IS300, Altezza, Gs300/400/430, and the Aristo are using the same pads and rotors.

By the way, I would think it would be much more cost efficient to buy rotors from an UK vendor.  Most rotors vendors (also USA) are using blank OEM rotors from Brembo or Bradi, which are likely produced in Europe.

I personally would try Black Diamond disks (not sure if they are really available).  By the way, I heard that they also were using Brembo? blank rotors, but they have their own enhancement process to improve this disks.

So the disc pads and the rotors are all the same/

Even for the aristo TT Vertex as well?

What about the brake calipers?  Are they the same as well?

Even the Aristo TT use the same sized brake pads and rotors as the GS or IS/Altezza.

The brake calipers of the GS and the Aristo TT are the same, and are the same size as the IS/Altezza, but the brackets of the IS/Altezza are different to the GS/Aristo.

Many people in Asia upgrade the stock Aristo TT calipers, since many feel that the clamping power is not enough.