Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I thought I'd posted this last night but can't see it - apologies if it's on twice.

Got the 09/10 disc for my 2001 LS430 and it upgraded the firmware once I got it going. But I was sure I'd read on here that these later versions allowed postcode destinations - mine doesn't. The road maps look nicely up to date, but the POI's are pants, missing out most restaurants except McDonalds. And although our office has had the same number for 20 years, it isn't in the telephone number database. Also I've still got this problem of at most scales the thing showing only the names of (a few) tiny villages and not the descent sized settlements.

Anyone else experience these issues?

Mike

It's new Government Education policy. Afraid that people are becoming illiterate, they are deliberately forcing people to learn to read paper maps and signs, stop to look things up in real Atlases and even ask directions from local people so enhancing personal interaction to help alleviate regional distrust of 'strangers', and help local economies by opening up possibility of buying in places other than tesco/M-Way services. Enjoy the adventure! :whistling: :winky:

I thought I'd posted this last night but can't see it - apologies if it's on twice.

Yep you definitely did mate, as I replied to it!

The original thread is HERE

I'll repeat myself here as well, essentially I think it's a problem with the generation of the system, only the 03 gen onwards has post code search.

hmmmm - I can see the thread when I follow your link, but it's not showing in my index

Update .... that's because I didn't post it in this forum .... doh :blush:

Mike

hi i updated my disc in 2009 and is as you say , but at first i had a big problem it would not load the new dvd and then would not load the old dvd , it turned out to be the laser bulb burnt out , i had it repaired buy a company called www.driveandview.com in poole in dorset bril job , but they say they can upgrade the system to have post codes and even a tv in the same screen i got the company off of the forum very good people , lexus wanted £2700 for the repair they charged £295 all the best colin