Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Supercharger - Boost Problem

Maybe some of you have checked my project-tread but anyway i decided to start at topic about my little problem

here goes

For about 10days or so my boost began to have it´s own life..it never goes higher then 0.22bar usually around 0.19bar

I cant figure this out so i hoping for some help

yesterday and today my boost were at 0.22bar at day 0.1bar at evening and night.one time is was at 0 ! no boost whatsoever..I use a older Greddy electronic boost gauge

Today i checked the bypass valve..it opens and closing as it should

also checked every pipe and clamp ,,i tighten up some clamps, now everyone is as tight as it can be.

tonight i checked all the pipes and connections with start-gas(dont know what you call it in UK) when the car was running at idle.

the point is if there was a leak and the spray/gas hit it the revs would increase but they did not..there should not be a leak then, but who knows ?

the car runs with low boost all the time but especially at evenings and nights it seems.

Can the TTE Black box cause anything like this ??

Sorry i forgot to write that i checked the belt and i cant see or hear it slipping..it is a 790 belt and i also sprayed some belt-grip on it

The T piece is tight and intact

i assume that the throttlecable is working properly as the bypass valve closing and opening as it should

Maybe there is some problem with the boostgauge but i feel the loss of power so the boost is too low

My airfilter was very dirty so i replaced it with a new one,,the boost was almost 0.3 after that

for the whole day the car run great BUT at evening/night the boost dropped to 0.1bar again ! if the temprature goes under 10 degrees celcius the boost drops it seems.....

It seems like the problem is tempraturerelated

the car runs fine at day but loosing atleast 0.15bar at evening/night

Maybe a small intercooler leak ?? metal expands when it gets hot and maybe that is enough to keep boost at daytime and at night when tempratures drop by atleast 10degrees the metal dont expand that much and therefore leaks

planning on pressuretest the Intercooler or simply just replace it with a straight pipe and take a testdrive...if it keeps boost then the hunt for a new intercooler begins

thoughts about this ??

No i dont think so...cant think of it to affect the boost

did a quick check on the intercooler and the right side of it is dirty and the left is clean..possible airleak

planning on doing a leaktest on the intercooler and the pipes that connect to it..wednesday or thursday maybe

if we dont find any leak i dont know what it could be.

Is there an email or something to contact TTE ? cant find anything on there site besides contacting local Toyota dealer

did a quick check on the intercooler and the right side of it is dirty and the left is clean..possible airleak

planning on doing a leaktest on the intercooler and the pipes that connect to it..wednesday or thursday maybe

if we dont find any leak i dont know what it could be.

Is there an email or something to contact TTE ? cant find anything on there site besides contacting local Toyota dealer

TTE are no longer trading !

Surely if its temp related then thats the most obvious culprit?

there was another member a while ago who had issues with that.

Surely if its temp related then thats the most obvious culprit?

there was another member a while ago who had issues with that.

I dont know but for the last 4days 0.2bar boost is dissapearing at evening and night..in which way would the tempsensor affect the boost ?? it´s main purpose is to ease coldstarting and adjust revs when the engine is cold ?

yepp it is connected to the right one

i did a little check under the bonnet just a couple of minutes ago and i let the car run on idle,,i closed the bypass by hand and not with the throttle and a strange sucking noise appeared down at the intercooler just by the pipe connection..

the car would suck air through the whole pipesystem when i close the bypass by hand right ?? if so there must be a intercooler leak as the sound appeared there...i could make a clip of it if it would help.

My Intercooler had seen better days..3 small holes at the back near the pipeconnection right hand side.

a friend of my welded it and voila 0.3bar of boost but not in first or second gear what i can see

i have more boost now thats for sure but i dont know if everything is ok yet

gonna take it for a spin at night when the tempratures is low to see if the problem appear again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links