Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

18" Oz Hydra Wheels On Is200

Gavin G

Hi all

I'm considering getting a set of these for my IS200 Sport and was just wondering if anyone on here has them on their IS200 or has seen them on another IS200 and if so do they look ok?

On another point, I've heard that some people put 225/40 18 tyres on the front and 235/40 18 on the rears. Is this a necessary/better setup or am I better to stick with 225/40 18 tyres all round?

Thanks in advance,

Gavin :)

Apparantly these wheels come in a 40 offset. Will this be ok for my IS200? :withstupid:

Someone please let me know as I don't want to order them and then discover they don't fit!

Cheers

Apparantly these wheels come in a 40 offset. Will this be ok for my IS200? :withstupid:

Someone please let me know as I don't want to order them and then discover they don't fit!

Cheers

I'm running 18x8 with a 40 offset and it's fine. You can always get spacers to add a few mm offset if they rub.

I kept to 225/40 with front and rear so i can swap the back and front wheels every few thousand miles to help keep the tyre wear even. 235/35 on the back is so marginal an increase in tread I thought the advantage of being able to switch tyres around more beneficial

Asam

Apparantly these wheels come in a 40 offset.  Will this be ok for my IS200?  :withstupid:

Cheers

I'm running 18x8 with a 40 offset and it's fine. You can always get spacers to add a few mm offset if they rub.

I kept to 225/40 with front and rear so i can swap the back and front wheels every few thousand miles to help keep the tyre wear even. 235/35 on the back is so marginal an increase in tread I thought the advantage of being able to switch tyres around more beneficial

Asam

spacers will actually decrease the offset

40mm offset + 5mm spacer = 35mm offset

40mm will fit without rubbing

unless you go to low

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nige

Wheels are on order and apparantly the IS200 isn't that common a fitment and some models of OZ wheels take a bit longer to get.

In short, I don't know when I'll have them but it gives me a chance to get my drums and calipers painted (if I ever get around to it) and I'm also fighting with Lexus to get my current alloys replaced due to the dreaded corrosion so I'll have a nice new set to store in the garage :D

Cheers

P.S. Was also thinking about lowering the car but I don't want to compromise the ride quality as this is important to me. I've probably done so already by fitting 40 profile tyres to my 18's. Do I really need to with the bigger wheels and if so how low can I go?

P.S. Was also thinking about lowering the car but I don't want to compromise the ride quality as this is important to me. I've probably done so already by fitting 40 profile tyres to my 18's. Do I really need to with the bigger wheels and if so how low can I go?

Hi Gavin, yep i think it would look better to lower it, see the post on the Group Buy on the Eibach 30mm Springs.. B)

You won't sacrifice the ride quality, as you won't be going that low at all and it won't be far off stock ride, so go for it, it will look the dogs :tsktsk: ... :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links