Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buffer Advice

hi all

i want to buy a buffer and all the chemicals and pads , iv read a fair bit online on buffering techniques and compounds but would like to hear advice from you guys who have experienced buffing a lexxy as they have soft paint and what worked best , my lex has a lot of swirl marks and scratches , there is a bit of marring too dotted around , iv got a kensington green se , im not on a too tight budget but dont want to spend stupid money.

what buffer machines do you recommend ? what compounds,chemicals and pads do the job nicely ? what tips , advice and experiences can you share ?

thanks folks. :D

Only one place for you to start, www.detailingworld.co.uk

I would say get a DA polisher in a kit from places like cleanmycar.co.uk, do your research first and don't jump straight in. I've used chemical guys hex logic pads and Menz polish to great affect.

Also don't forget the two bucket method, clay, micro fibres etc etc

I'd say you need to spend a minimum of £200-300 for a decent load of detailing kit.

thanks guys

iv read about moving the buffer in an arch motion left to right about shoulder width , how much speed and pressure is something im not too sure about though , any advice on this ?

For a DA best to work in 12-18inch areas at a time.

Dab the polish on 4 times to make your self a grid to work to spread at speed 2 (no pressure) move quick just to spread out polish.

Then at speed 5 until the polish is clear (dependent on polish) but put a black marker pen line on the back of the pad holder this will indicate how quick the pad is turning. When appliying the polish apply enough pressure so the black mark rotates about 1/2 times per second.

I work from left to right in my imaginary box then up and down and repeat until polish is gone.

hi all

i want to buy a buffer and all the chemicals and pads , iv read a fair bit online on buffering techniques and compounds but would like to hear advice from you guys who have experienced buffing a lexxy as they have soft paint and what worked best , my lex has a lot of swirl marks and scratches , there is a bit of marring too dotted around , iv got a kensington green se , im not on a too tight budget but dont want to spend stupid money.

what buffer machines do you recommend ? what compounds,chemicals and pads do the job nicely ? what tips , advice and experiences can you share ?

A buffer is what professionals use to get a reasonable finish in a reasonable time for a reasonable charge. It is a commercial replacement for the time and hard work to do a superb job by hand which does not leave the swirl-marks you already have unless you are very kack-handed.

hi all

A buffer is what professionals use to get a reasonable finish in a reasonable time for a reasonable charge. It is a commercial replacement for the time and hard work to do a superb job by hand which does not leave the swirl-marks you already have unless you are very kack-handed.

my car had swirl marks and scratches when i bought it , im not kack handed and know the correct method to washing a car , the swirls are in the top coat that will only be removed by cutting compounds ,it can be done by hand but would take a long time and the finish wouldnt be as good , a proper detailing can take up to 10 hours , check this link out http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing-gallery/info_12.html , you couldnt do what these guys do by hand.