Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Lights

Hi all

was looking to get hid lights but wanting to know where the best place to buy from and which were the best one to buy for is200se thanks.

hi chris i have just upgraded all my lights on the front about 1 month ago to hid the best place is eBay the company i got them from are in thailand and i paid aboout £33 including postage. plus they areslim line ballests so they are more descreet i live local to you just near birstall so your welcome to have a look before you buy them if you want

Hi Guys

I just had my IS220 done at 6000k.

Looks SICK!

The company i used came out to my home address and converted it on my doorstep. It cost me £119.99 including everything and even a lifetime warranty. Same day service was good to. www.hid-kits.co.uk

Let me know if you get converted!

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

Looks SICK!

The company i used came out to my home address and converted it on my doorstep. It cost me £119.99 including everything and even a lifetime warranty. Same day service was good to. www.hid-kits.co.uk

what colour does 6000k give? a little bit blue?

I have tried 8000k and 10000, looks no different to me.. =(

Hi Guys

Looks SICK!

what colour does 6000k give? a little bit blue?

I have tried 8000k and 10000, looks no different to me.. =(

6000K will give you a pure white light,

8000k will give you a whitey bluish light

1000k will give you more of a blue light.

ive got 8000k in mine, and do probs so far with mot or police.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering if fitting after market HID kits cause any faults to flag up on the dash.

See a set on E bay £33 posted and look easy to fit,

I have just split the Headlamps and Blacked out the Chrome, Looks really mean and think that a set of HID's will set it off

and hopefully make visibility a little better,

Any thoughts guys.

ive had mines fitted for a couple weeks now and no problems so far. i paid a little over £200 for main/dipped beam kits. and how hard was opening the headlights as im planning on doing that next if its easy enough :)

stani

Opening the lights wasn't to difficult, I used a Black & Decker heat gun and gave the lens a good heating around the edges and then started to prise the lens off working from the inside corner nearest the grille continuing to heat as i went along to the outside edge where the repeater is.

I tried a different option off heating the whole lamp in the oven as described on a you-tube how to, but this went horribly wrong leaving the lens as the only usable part, the rest of the lamp melted really badly. lucky that it was on old lamp salvaged from a car in work used for a trial run.

The lens can take a lot more heat so just keep moving the heat gun up an down along the seam and allow the heat to travel into the glue.

Just reheated the glue to reassemble.

It took about half an hour to remove the lamp from the car and remove the lens, and about the same for reassembly.

It was well worth the effort, i also removed the amber lens from the repeater and fitted a chrome bulb, car looks sleeker and more modern from the front now.

will try and post some pic's'

And thanks for the info on the HID's

£200.00 oh my word thats expensive...had my hid's for approx a year and a half no problems what so ever £66 for dip and main.....

kits are very cheap now seen kits as little as £20 now i got mine from china and only took a few days to get to me,i'm running 10k dip and 8k full beam

max of 15 mins is needed to fit two sets to each light(dip/full)you dont need to get two sets you can make do with dipped..

doesnt matter too much were you get them from now as they all offer the same warranty now....

once you go to hid you will never go back.........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links