Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Spark Plug Grade?

BenEP2

hello im a newbie, i have a 98' altezza rs200 auto and im looking to change the current spark plugs for better ones but im unsure of what grade ones to get? i live in the south west of england. are the long ones of not??

Im also interested in buying a Blitz panel filter as i heard that the stock airbox is best. any help welcome.

Thanks Ben

Just run with the standard heat range but change to an iridium plug. Denso IK20 or NGK BKR6EIX11 are the two best options for he 3SGE.

Pod filters cause a lot of hassle & are expensive. A decent panel filter is all you need. There's a flap in the top of the air box that opens at @4000rpm. You can disconect the vacuum line to it so open all the time if you want a bit of induction noise at lower rpm.

If you haven't cleaned your MAF sensor & throttle body yet, do it asap. You'll be surprised at how much difference it makes.

• 10 years later...

My Altezza 3sg beams 2000 has a problem with misfire,it jst started one morning with a terrible misfire, rough idle and bad fuel smell,i tried to change spark plugs though not new one and it kind of worked with a bit of misfire.after days then it again went bad rough idle,i called mechanic then told me its an ignition coil which needs replacement and of which i did, after installation th performance was good,no more fuel smell but with a bit of misfire.afterwards i did a full service including new spark plugs bt still with a bit misfire and it refuses full new spark plugs bt accept 3 new with 1 old plug with bit misfire,with full new plugs it runs rough on idle please what can i do ?

My Altezza 3sg beams 2000 has a problem with misfire,it jst started one morning with a terrible misfire, rough idle and bad fuel smell,i tried to change spark plugs though not new one and it kind of worked with a bit of misfire.after days then it again went bad rough idle,i called mechanic then told me its an ignition coil which needs replacement and of which i did, after installation th performance was good,no more fuel smell but with a bit of misfire.afterwards i did a full service including new spark plugs bt still with a bit misfire and it refuses full new spark plugs bt accept 3 new with 1 old plug with bit misfire,with full new plugs it runs rough on idle please what can i do ?

I'd recommend using Denso IK20 plugs

https://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/denso-spark-plug-ik20

Make sure the throttle body and MAF sensor is clean. You possibly need to look at the fuel injectors, they may well be leaking and/or not spraying correctly and need to be replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links