Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

£190+Vat For A Head Light Bulb

Hi, Got a quote of £190 +VAT from lexus cov for a headlight bulb. is this right ? wonder what the price is to have it fitted ? £200+ for a light bulb bit harsh. Any comments and suggestion for a cheaper bulb welcome.

Thanks Bruce

Hi, Got a quote of £190 +VAT from lexus cov for a headlight bulb. is this right ? wonder what the price is to have it fitted ? £200+ for a light bulb bit harsh. Any comments and suggestion for a cheaper bulb welcome.

Thanks Bruce

Hopefully one of the IS250 owners will confirm, but I believe the IS250 uses D4S bulbs, if you look around I'm sure you'll be able to get one for considerably less than that. As for replacement I'm sure it's the same as replacing any bulb but again hopefully one of the others can confirm.

Hopefully one of the IS250 owners will confirm, but I believe the IS250 uses D4S bulbs, if you look around I'm sure you'll be able to get one for considerably less than that. As for replacement I'm sure it's the same as replacing any bulb but again hopefully one of the others can confirm.

Correct, the D4S bulbs are used on the IS's which have HID Xenon headlights, of which I think it's the SE-L and the Sport. Not sure about the later facelift models.

I believe Lexus/Toyota use the Philips 4300 D4S bulbs. Most people recommend you dont go for a cheap alternatives.

You an get replacement Philips D4S bulbs from the web much cheaper(eBay is about 55 quid delivered). Some people have suggested replacing in pairs as the light changes slightly as the bulbs get older.

Lexus informed me that labour for a bulb change was about 30 quid.

Correct, the D4S bulbs are used on the IS's which have HID Xenon headlights, of which I think it's the SE-L and the Sport. Not sure about the later facelift models.

I believe Lexus/Toyota use the Philips 4300 D4S bulbs. Most people recommend you dont go for a cheap alternatives.

You an get replacement Philips D4S bulbs from the web much cheaper(eBay is about 55 quid delivered). Some people have suggested replacing in pairs as the light changes slightly as the bulbs get older.

Lexus informed me that labour for a bulb change was about 30 quid.

Thanks Guys, Just order some from eBay, will let you know how I get on. While on the topic, The nearside bulbs change is quite straight forward, just have to undo the screen wash funnel to get to it. While the offside is a bit more differcult as you have to take the air filter section off to have enough room to change the bulb, so if you not cofident is worth to pay the £30 labour but then again the price that Lexus charge for the bulb comes in to play. Also for information purposes the bulb actually points side ways when fitted.

Once again thanks for the info and will let you know.

• 3 weeks later...