Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grateful for a reply please

I have just bought a Lexus IS 25O (2008) Very happy with it except the no sound comes from the CD. The CDs load OK and the tracks and elapsed time are shown on the sat nav screen. All radio stations work fine. Loud and clear !!

I have also noticed that one installation disc is missing ( The UK and Spain). However UK and Spain have been installed !

I was wondering if the missing disc could be somewhere in the sat nav system that I have not found. The missing disc is not in the multichanger so perhaps the discs are installed from somwehere else in the car ?

Peter

I have just bought a Lexus IS 25O (2008) Very happy with it except the no sound comes from the CD. The CDs load OK and the tracks and elapsed time are shown on the sat nav screen. All radio stations work fine. Loud and clear !!

I have also noticed that one installation disc is missing ( The UK and Spain). However UK and Spain have been installed !

I was wondering if the missing disc could be somewhere in the sat nav system that I have not found. The missing disc is not in the multichanger so perhaps the discs are installed from somwehere else in the car ?

Peter

I dont quite understand what you are trying to say?!

Are you trying to put the Sat Nav discs in to the cd changer? The Nav disc should go in to the cd drive for the navigation system which is behind the clock panel. This only accepts one dics at a time.

Sorry if i have misunderstood you

Peter

Are you trying to put the Sat Nav discs in to the cd changer? The Nav disc should go in to the cd drive for the navigation system which is behind the clock panel. This only accepts one dics at a time.

he couldnt be putting music cds in the nav system by mistake could he - you wouldnt get music that way but might get track info etc as posted originally ?

you have a faulty optical cable thats all, dunno how big a fix is required, but the car is only 2 years old, see if Lex will repair under warranty as it seems fairly common

Peter

Thanks for your quick reply. I am only putting music CDs in the multichanger. The nav discs were installed by the garage but I cannot find the CD drive behind the clock panel. Please describe its position. If the missing disc is in this drive and I remove it, would I be able to hear the CDs? because at the moment I cannot !!

You can access the Navigation DVD using this web link and make sure you use the two tools provided, since as previously explained it is behind the clock panel.

You can then eject the Navigation DVD using the on screen button.

There is no physical eject button.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/info/my-lexus/resources/download-owners-manual.do?docURI=http://tis.tmsnet.toyota.com/t3Portal/resources/jsp/siviewer/index.jsp?dir=omnav/OM53578U&href=xhtml/OM53578U_OM0010.html&locale=en

Go to page 14 of 16 for the detailed diagram, labeled 280 Appendix. This is all in your owners manual.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.