Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Funny Creaking From Rear Springs

lexuspalma

I changed my springs a while ago to lowered sport springs. Recently we had a good rain storm where everything flooded as was forced to drive through stuff that normally you never see on the road. Since then my rear springs have been creaking. The other day as I was turning the car around and there was an almighty Boing. Felt the vibration through the car. Checked all the rear and everything looks fine. Even took the wheels off to take a better look and no cracks or broken spring in sight.

Anyone got an idea what I could do to stop the noise apart from saying to buy coilovers as have other things in the pipeline for the car before spending the money on them

Thanks

check your droplinks - if they snap or come undone you get a mighty boing exactly as you describe - very very loud and can feel it through the car

check everything else too but defo look at your droplinks

Its not every day a guy gets a big boing like that. Mine was a few days ago. HAHA!

Thanks for the reply. Will have my mate to have a look in his workshop.

Car has to have its MOT this month so need it sorted. Have ordered upper ball joint for the front right suspension as its knocking like an angry mother inlaw.

One question. In England do you guys have to have your cars as standard for the MOT. Just asking as I have lowered the car changed the discs to grooved and added a Japspeed exhaust which a family of cats could live in if I took out the vent system at the end of the pipe.

Cheers

I presume that you only got the boing once and haven't had it again - if so then it was probably the spring re-seating itself. Maybe it wasn't seated properly when you changed it and it shifted slightly.

That would make a loud sound!

Or maybe now you have a small stone or something in the system somewhere?

I presume the shocks are all sealed so if you drive them through deep water that wouldn't affect them??

I presume that you only got the boing once and haven't had it again - if so then it was probably the spring re-seating itself. Maybe it wasn't seated properly when you changed it and it shifted slightly.

That would make a loud sound!

Or maybe now you have a small stone or something in the system somewhere?

I presume the shocks are all sealed so if you drive them through deep water that wouldn't affect them??

Hi Kev

Yes it was just the once and the car is still sitting nice and low. As far as I know the shocks are ok but they are the originals so there could be a problem. When I change the upper ball joint this week I will check the whole system.

Weather is glorious here now so going to get the car gleaming again.