Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blocking Egr Valve

Hello to everybody.

This is the first time that I have written in this forum.

Very interesting topics!

I have cleaned the EGR valve of my 220d last week at 80,000 km after the VSC warning and loss of power. Please consider that the garage has already substituted the original EGR at about 40,000 km! Unfortunately I usually drive in urban areas and sometimes on motorways, but interventions seem too frequent to me.

I know that the diesel is not the suggested engine for this use but IS250 was too expensive.

As ULISSE said, it is necessary to eliminate the DNPR after by-passing the EGR valve.

Does anybody know if in this situation the car can pass the fume controls?

• 2 months later...

Hi Ulisse,

I see in fonserg's photos that he used the turbo air temperature sensor hole to send air to the valve.

I have a question, where is this sensor now? Is it just hanging around there?

On another thread there is a video where the egr is fed with air through the oil breather hole.

What is your opinion on that?

Thanks

G.T.

For Paolo1:

my car runs from around 1 year without DPNR and his Precat, and EGR closed with the system i described, and don't produce any kind of visible smoke, never. In january it passed a revision. In Italy it's every 2 years for a car of more then 4 years of age.

For hotwheels:

the system FONSERG/ULISSE function very well as i said above. The vapor oil line from the head of the motor, naturally is another thing to eliminate ;) All people in the world install a normal "oil catch can" and stop to recurculate these fukin vapors anywhere. The solution to let the vapors of oil into the EGR seems stupid. U will not send these dirties into the turbo, but u will send into the EGR. Stupid. Even if it function.

About AIT sensor: FONSERG disconnected it at put a fixe resistor instead of reconnect into the turbo pipeline; i preferred to reconnect it in place and used a T piece to derivate the air line to send on the top of EGR.

Ciao belli.

For Paolo1:

my car runs from around 1 year without DPNR and his Precat, and EGR closed with the system i described, and don't produce any kind of visible smoke, never. In january it passed a revision. In Italy it's every 2 years for a car of more then 4 years of age.

For hotwheels:

the system FONSERG/ULISSE function very well as i said above. The vapor oil line from the head of the motor, naturally is another thing to eliminate ;) All people in the world install a normal "oil catch can" and stop to recurculate these fukin vapors anywhere. The solution to let the vapors of oil into the EGR seems stupid. U will not send these dirties into the turbo, but u will send into the EGR. Stupid. Even if it function.

About AIT sensor: FONSERG disconnected it at put a fixe resistor instead of reconnect into the turbo pipeline; i preferred to reconnect it in place and used a T piece to derivate the air line to send on the top of EGR.

Ciao belli.

Ciao Ulisse,

Thanks for your feedback.

Have a look at my other thread, http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=69080

Of course I'm going to used an oil breather or a catch tank and not send oil vapour to the egr, this is not new to me.

I want to do the bypass but I need to know which way is more efficient.

Connect the egr to the air intake or the port where the AIT sits, why after the turbo is better than before the turbo?

What T connector did you use? Do you have the diameters? Can you take a photo of the connector itself maybe?

Once I have all I need I will make a step by step guide with photos for everyone that wants to do the same.

Knowledge that isn't shared is useless, so please enlight me.

Mille gracie

G.T.

This is the way i did. It is better to by pass after turbo. If you do it before, you will lose power and air flow until the egr is closed. When it is open the air flows out from the egr to the turbo .If you do it after the turbo, when EGR is opened there is a pressure compensation and nothing is lost. All the air goes to the cylinders.

post-39718-0-66566700-1310944131.jpg

post-39718-0-17155400-1310944156.jpg

post-39718-0-70876000-1310944176.jpg

post-39718-0-84457700-1310944220.jpg

post-39718-0-74290800-1310944236.jpg

post-39718-0-66775600-1310944254.jpg

post-39718-0-01884500-1310944274.jpg

This is the way i did. It is better to by pass after turbo. If you do it before, you will lose power and air flow until the egr is closed. When it is open the air flows out from the egr to the turbo .If you do it after the turbo, when EGR is opened there is a pressure compensation and nothing is lost. All the air goes to the cylinders.

Thanks very much for the photos and explanation.

what tuning box have you installed? ;)

The cheapest one i found at eBay... all are the same. Only works fine at level 4

http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190509911843&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:IT:1123

The cheapest one i found at eBay... all are the same. Only works fine at level 4

http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190509911843&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:IT:1123

He he, I have the same....

Initially I set it to 6 and until 3000 rpm the car was transformed to a demon but when I revved it to 4.500 it went into limp mode and had to set it lower. I have it at 3 at the moment which is pretty good also.

Hi Maliggno,

I'm trying to find out the diameter of the sensor hole so that I can get a T joiner like this one below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-8AN-Flare-Tee-T-Adapter-Female-Side-/160619046674?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2565a42712

One male side will bolt onto the existing threads of the tube, on the female one I will bolt the sensor and on the one that is left I will attach the pipe coming from the EGR.

Do you remember what is the diameter of the threaded hole?

Cheers

G.T.

Ciao Ulisse,

Thank you for your answer.

I'm very interested to eliminate the DPRN filter but I have some doubts:

1) Regeneration of the filter is based on the differential pressure between its incoming and outgoing ducts. Without the filter, the differential pressure signal is always 0 mbar; is the ECU not warned about this situation?

2) In case of ECU, after 1500(?) km, starts the filter regeneration phase, it has to detect the increasing of the intake temperature due to the fifth injector opening.

Are the above two points managed by the "black box" to be added?

Is this box equipped with outputs for the connection to the two temperature sensors ( before and after filter ) cables and to the differential pressure sensor cable in order to "instruct" correctly the ECU?

Are there other signals to be connected to the box?

3) Somebody says that the filter represents a sort of "load" for the turbo. The substitution of the filter with a simple pipe can be dangerous for the turbo?

4) Could you send a picture and/or instruction for the construction of the filter by-pass pipe?

Your help will be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Ciao

Walter

• 2 weeks later...

Ciao Paolo1. i answer u:

1. No because emulator provide for right signal to send to ECU;

2. Even if the ECU, after installing FAP emulator should try a periodic regeneration, it's not a problem, it's enough toke off fuel to the 5th injector, i told above different times;

3. No. Some people says around, but it's not demonstrated. I heard this about FIAT Coupe extreme elaboration turbos, where the exaust pipe is a completely free 7 cm internal diameter. Here don't worry, if u broke turbo u broke for other reasons, not this;

4. sorry but to post a photo of a normal piece of tube of 50 mm diameter is not interesting, and i don't have fotka.

• 4 months later...

Today i found this funny way to disactivate the EGR circuit, posted on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCzXQ0dVHis

Naturally, please don't do that, it's a stupid way, as the optimum Fonserg's comment says in Youtube, with his russian/english )))

Air must be taken after compressor, so it will be in positive pressure and not before compressor, as this guy did

in the video ))) ohhh a lot of mistakes in this solution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

guys this is such an interesting topic to talk about, i have an LEXUS IS 220 D SE-L recently bought it, has a big mileage but still drives perfectly, bud consumption is horrible, do u think if i bypass the EGR valve, am i going to get any improvements on the consumption as my AVG is 20MPG at the moment. thanks in advance

Filip

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everyone,

maybe it´s stupid idea, but i think it´s not necesary to remove DPNR if you want to block EGR. Great idea to input flow into EGR from turbo, but how about original input of an EGR, why not to connect it to some heatproof teflon hose or pipe it to the back of the vehicle along with the exhaust ? and just let the fumes flow out., to avoid go them back trough the DPNR and original exhaust system.

• 3 months later...

Hi is my first time that i am writing ( from italy)in this forum.

I've read the solution to bypass egr valve, but I have a question.

What kind of resistor i need ti eliminate air turbo sensor? Ohm, watt...

Thanks All in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

Did anything ever get agreed with this? I tried reading and understanding all of it but it's a lot to take in!

If anyone has done a guide, it would be great to see.

Thanks

I agree, it's a lot to take in and quite confusing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello friends my name is Rui im from Portugal And i have been reading latelly about the dpnr issues And i would like to contribute with the solution for the egr bypass i made it myself since i have 60.000km now i have 169.000 km And no problems at all

http://clublexus.eu/foro/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2773&highlight=egr

Regards

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links