Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blocking Egr Valve

Il bypass fatto dal portoghese è una coglionata.

Così facendo quando la EGR apre parte dell'aria compressa dal turbo defluisce nel condotto di aspirazione causando perdite di carico inutili.

Rullare la macchina sul banco prova per credere.

Già 2 anni fa la soluzione allo stato dell'arte è quella di bypassare A VALLE dell'intercooler.

Andate a vedervi i posts miei e di Fonserg del 2011.

Cheers.

Hello Ulisse i have read what you stays , my italian is not the best but i hunsderstood, the thing that you say theoricly could be right, but i have friends inside lexus dealers And this bypass here in Portugal was made but the lexus itself, when i discorer how to do it my car was still in warrantie And we made meseruments And test i have this bypass since 30.000 km in it my car car has now 169.000 km And we made test to my dpnr And he is totally clean!!

Ok. I ll tell in english ;)

1. If u don t use egr, it means that u never recyrculate gas in the engine, so the dpnr suffer more, because all dirty gasses always goes into dpnr, instead part of them recyrculate inside egr and be cleaned by it;

So if one close the egr, he need also to eliminate fap.

If u didn t do it it, but your car still works, means simply that with the typical use that u make with your car, it s always able to have regenerations, alias, u mainly use it not into city traffic. Good for u ;)

With closed egr and a normally working dpnr, the risk of failed regenerations, and have a full dirty filter, is behind the corner.

2. Lexus dealers in Portugal must study little more; i don t discuss that your car is still able to move, i simply say that this solution is wrong. With your connection, everytime the egr open, part of the pressure of turbo is lost and return into aspiration.

So u loose power.

The right solution is the one me and Fonserg suggested 3 years ago.

My car worked for many more then 30000 km without egr, without dpnr (i used a empty tube instead of dpnr and an electronic emulator), and for s period i also spritted water/alcool injection inside it ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Ahh mo ho visto il Peppuzzo!! Scusa non ti avevo visto prima.

Anser to Peppuzzo: i suggest u to reconnect the original sensor instead to substituta it with a fixed resistor, as the optimum Fonserg made years ago.

About Dpnr emulator, mine is from Powerking, italian brand. They have a website and they sold many emulators for out 2ad fhv Toyota engine ;) He spoke english and can sell u without problems by post. Installation is easy. The model is, if i remember well pk42 code.

• 1 year later...

Hello guys.

I come here very rarely in the last 2 years, but i see all people has all same problems we (me and Fonserg from Russia) solved together more then 2 years ago about EGR and FAP in this thread.

So i reasumate this topic which is the DEFINITIVE and only one to fix finally problems about EGR and DPNR filter (or FAP as u would call it) in the IS220D.

My car ran more then 60000 Km very fast and clean with EGR closed (closed means in the sense which is explained in this thread) and without prekat+FAP.

Wish this thread will help. Just study it.

Wish u enjoy your Lexus.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi, i also want to block the egr. I already have the parts to connect a tube from where the intake temp sensor is and the egr inlet.

I want to put a resistor in place of the air intake sensor, or just put the air intake sensor in open air. But i wonder where is the intake temp sensor used for? I think maybe there wil be also a little more fuel injected? This because mostly the intake temp is higher then the temparature from outside.

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/18/2011 at 7:04 PM, tani said:

Greetings from Bulgaria

Today I closed the EGR and the car waked up. Nothing happens no errors neither switch to recovery mode. EGR is not connected with computed on this engine and can be closed without problems as for the fuel consumption it remains the same.

11-13lt/100km urban drive

7-8lt/100km highway drive.

Regards

can i ask ( as a newbie ) how did you close the egr?

• 3 months later...

Referring to the closure of egr instead of running it to the pipe with ait sensor could you use a separate filter on the egr in pipe, then there is no need to relocate anything or need for a catch can. Also means fresh air will be drawn in.

Good evening, as a 220d newbie myself also I am looking to get this sorted ASAP...I have 58 plate and the VSC earning came up 4 days after purchase (luckily had warranty from dealer) to which it has apparently had a treatment put through it and cleared the fault.

i was looking at DPF removal and bypassing the EGR...after reading this post has this been proven as the best way to accomplish this ? 

Many thanks  

• 4 weeks later...

Found and read this thread shortly after i bought my is220d as i had traded in an impreza wrx for the is220d for cheaper driving. I went for the is220d as it has more power than the 320d and c220 cdi.

At any rate i soon found there is no aftermarket for these cars and the ecu could not be mapped (they can be now).

So in my quest for power i first found a good used tuning box and added that and more recently i made an intake with a cone filter and heat shield using a combination of aftermarket parts (impreza wrx MAF pipe and is250 intake heat shield). The intake does improve power lower down and removed a flat spot between peak torque and peak hp as well as making nice turbo flutter noises and an air pressure whoosh noise if i build boost and then lift off throttle or change gear.

Anyway im revisiting this egr thread and commenting this time as im thinking of doing this either by looping egr to the intake or venting the egr to atmosphere similar to a dump valve as with the intake i seem to have developed a random problem with the car going into limp mode. If i shut the car off and turn it on again or shut off and let sit and then turn on the problem clears and runs normal again. It doesnt throw a fault code when it does this.

I did get a fuel leak detected/large leak fault code coming up randomly when i was using my tuning box at the highest setting. If i shut the engine off and restarted then it would run normal again. 

I believe these two limp mode issues are related to my intake and perhaps the turbo flutter/chatter with the intake or the lack of intake restriction compared to the airbox. Id like to try venting intake egr solenoid to atmosphere first and see if that stops or reduces the problem, i will maybe also try recirculating it to the IAT sensor location and maybe also to infront of the turbo to see what does what. 

I bought the car with a dpf emulator already installed and i have had no clogging problems so i assume my dpf has been gutted. I think my emulator is dying/dead though as i have had a recurring dpf efficiency fault that will not clear. I erase it and it comes back instantly. The car runs perfectly otherwise..

I want to remap the car properly now that it can be done but want to try the egr as a dump/recirc valve first to see if it helps the limp mode issue that started since making the intake for the engine. 

I would ideally like to pioneer a few things for more power from these engines as if you could do what people do to 320d's or tdi vw's with hybrid turbos and other modifications i dont see why the toyota 2AD cant have a similar amount of tuning potential.

I have attached a picture of how the intake is currently. Its wrapped in tape because there are two pieces of pipe there. i need to get them tig welded or make a one piece pipe.

Also here is a video of the sound with the intake. The flutter/surge sounds nice but i think it may be causing my intermittent limp mode problems. Venting egr to atmosphere may stop or lessen the surge/pressure fluctuation in the intake. 

20161031_141449.jpg

I think if you fully blank it off you will get the fault/limp mode. I have a hose off of my egr valve with a one way valve which blocks it from leaking boost but when the valve opens under certain conditions under vacuum the one way valve allows it to draw in clean air. So far have not had a fault or limp mode.

• 5 months later...

Hi!

Hello all, if your car is IS 200D you can close the egr. Tani, is your car an 220d or an 200d?. <If 220d you will need to do a by pass, as fonserg did

Could anyone tell me how to close the EGR valve in my IS200D? 

Where can I find information about it? Everywhere they talk about the 220D.

Greets!

• 1 year later...

Im very confused I want to remove egg valve is there a step by step guide ?

On my 2.8td pajero I just put a blanking plate on and everything was ok.

I read 220d gets a fault if I do this 

Can someone help please 

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, I have been reading over this topic the last week or so. I will be doing the set up ulisse and fonserge suggested. How ever from the other sitei believe they had a set up clearer to follow.  converted to English from Spanish I found that installing a catch can would help improve matters. My question is Would a t piece be a good way to go and have the vacuum going to the breather of catco can. To have a complete system. Where oil and gases are not getting into the engine. From the picture it's the only thing not done that I can see. 

Screenshot_20190623-220400.jpg