Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

greetings lexites, i have just re-gassed my 1999 mk2 gs300s and found a pin hole leak in the condenser, looking at the car from an open bonnet view the hole is at the bottom left hand corner of the condenser, i have been told that corrosion causes this problem when to differnt metasl are in situ together and a simple rubber bush would solve this problem.

has anyone had the same problem? i have sourced second hand parts but i am reluctant to use them, does anyone know were to get hold of a new one, or would welding be an option? if you have fitted a new condenser did you have to take the radiator out or could it be eased out carfuly without removing the rad? please help i am boiling to death!!!

There are quite a few places that seem to do fixed price AC repairs, same price no matter what the problem. I'm sure they work on the presmise that most repairs will be a 2 pence O ring, so that makes up for the more costly ones. I'm sure I recall there is a place in Nottingham that does it for £100 (from when I wwas going to get a car looked at when I lived in Derby). Might be an option?

There are quite a few places that seem to do fixed price AC repairs, same price no matter what the problem. I'm sure they work on the presmise that most repairs will be a 2 pence O ring, so that makes up for the more costly ones. I'm sure I recall there is a place in Nottingham that does it for £100 (from when I wwas going to get a car looked at when I lived in Derby). Might be an option?

hi guys,

my a/c is just blowing out hot air. someone said it could have a leak. does anyone know what exactly the work entails to fix the leak? it sounds scary when someone says your leaking gas!! but wondering if they will just pour some sort of fluid which seals leaks. can anyone recommend a/c servicing/repairs etc?

thanks

thanks for your advice, i think i have found a place to fix the condenser

Can you please give me the Contact Details of the place in Nottingham as I also need a Condensor