Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

End Of Extended Warranty Period

Hello Everyone,

My 2003 RX300 SE extended warranty expires in September. This means it has reached the 7 year period, but the car is way below the 140k mileage limit, but as my car has had the extended warranty with no gaps when the original manufactures 3 year warrnty ran out, the 140k limit does not apply. I have not spoken to Lexus yet in regards to possible "other" warranty options, or are they just going to show me the door ?

I suppose I may look at Warranty Direct if Lexus cannot extend theirs any further.

It has been an annual painful period when I have had to shell out the payment to Lexus for the Extended warranty, but it has been well worth it, as about two years ago I had problems with part of the engine and gearbox and it was fixed under the warranty, the bill would have been about £4k according to my Lexus dealer.

Any advice/feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

Bobby

Hello Everyone,

My 2003 RX300 SE extended warranty expires in September. This means it has reached the 7 year period, but the car is way below the 140k mileage limit, but as my car has had the extended warranty with no gaps when the original manufactures 3 year warrnty ran out, the 140k limit does not apply. I have not spoken to Lexus yet in regards to possible "other" warranty options, or are they just going to show me the door ?

I suppose I may look at Warranty Direct if Lexus cannot extend theirs any further.

It has been an annual painful period when I have had to shell out the payment to Lexus for the Extended warranty, but it has been well worth it, as about two years ago I had problems with part of the engine and gearbox and it was fixed under the warranty, the bill would have been about £4k according to my Lexus dealer.

Any advice/feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

Bobby

As far as I am aware they (Lexus) do not offer warranties if the vehicle is 7yrs or over. You can get a warranty from Warranty Direct but I do not know how good they are compared to the Lexus extended warranty. I asked my local Lexus Service Manager to advise me on how good Warranty Direct's cover was but never got an opinion. Warranty Direct's premiums are about half that of Lexus' and you have a choice of whether you opt to have any works carried by Lexus or an Indepedant ie. if you opt for works being carried out by Lexus the premium is slightly higher. I think you can bargain hard with them as they qouted me over £300 for my IS200 but that subsequently came down to about £280 with any required works being done by Lexus. Of course the premium will be even lower if the works are not carried out by Lexus.

*HmM* You are in a difficult situation as the product on offer has an age or mileage limit and you are approaching the age limit. I'm not sure I would trust any other third party warranty company though...and I wouldn't own an RX outside of a Lexus Warranty. A reason why I sold ours as it reached 6 years old.

*HmM* You are in a difficult situation as the product on offer has an age or mileage limit and you are approaching the age limit. I'm not sure I would trust any other third party warranty company though...and I wouldn't own an RX outside of a Lexus Warranty. A reason why I sold ours as it reached 6 years old.

Thanks for the feedback so far, very useful and is what I really feared !! Can I ask if ANYONE has taken out a 3rd Part Warranty such as Warranty Direct and claimed against it, especially if you paid that little bit extra to have it serviced/fixed by a Lexus dealer ? I am just wondering wether to take a chance on a 3rd Party Warranty or cross my fingers and hope that nothing expensive goes wrong with my car. I do not want to sell it, as I like it very much. Scary days are ahead I fear !!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links