Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Website Idea.

Hey Guys,

Haven't posted here for a while but just wanted some feedback from the you guys.

Recently, I had a brainwave and decided to setup the following website.

http://www.petrolHub.co.uk

In a nutshell, It's a site which users from different car forums can use to advertise goods they have for sale. Pretty much like a central hub to gain a wider audience amongst the car community.

I thought it would be a good idea as quite often, the thing you want to sell would be of interest to others from different motoring backgrounds.

My web design skills are pretty useless as you can tell but would appreciate some feedback of the idea and if you think it is an idea that would eventually get a good flow of traffic. I am planning on using wordpress to revamp the site but that won't happen for a while as I simply don't have the time. Currently it is in a phpBB format which most car forum users are familiar with anyway.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Please go ahead and browse through the forums and let me know what you think. The site is pretty much live now so go ahead and post as much as you want.

Regards

Imran

Its a good idea mate,

However people normally buy off a forum cause they know and trust the other members, whereas on yours their all strangers

Agreed... However, I am not expecting people to trade over the internet. I am expecting people to trade face to face. This is simply a central hub for car enthusiasts to sell on.

How do people find your forum, that would be the biggest problem. Also normally forums charge for ads unless you are a goldie so why would they direct you somewhere else?

Hi Steve, Yes. Advertising the forum is going to be a big challenge. Hopefully, if I can get a handful of people using it, it should grow further from there. I am not sure what you mean by your second sentence though..