Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just a little problem but everything on the old girl works apart from the beep on the alarm. I have tried pressing the little button under the right side of the dash but still no beep. Anyone have any idea !!. I know it`s not a major problem but it would be nice to fix if possible. Many Thanks

Just a little problem but everything on the old girl works apart from the beep on the alarm. I have tried pressing the little button under the right side of the dash but still no beep. Anyone have any idea !!. I know it`s not a major problem but it would be nice to fix if possible. Many Thanks

I am 99% sure that the "beep" only occurs when you lock the car AND a door / bonnet / boot is not shut properly. It is therefore alerting you that the car is not deadlocked properly. The button is actually switching this "warning" bleep on and off.

As far as I can remember, the beep is not an indication of locking / unlocking.

I may go outside and try it when I finish this glass of wine!!

On my Mk4 if you hold the button to lock it down for a second (like opening the boot) it beeps.

Thanks for that little nugget of info.

It has really bugged me for the last 18 months or so since I got my MK IV that there was no audible alert to tell you the car had locked like I had on my MK II. :tsktsk:

I just went outside and tried holding down the lock button but still no beep, then I remembered the little button under the boot release lever. The beep only sounds if the button is pressed in.

I am now a happy bunny, thank you. :D

Redsteve.

On my Mk4 if you hold the button to lock it down for a second (like opening the boot) it beeps.

It has really bugged me for the last 18 months or so since I got my MK IV that there was no audible alert to tell you the car had locked like I had on my MK II. :tsktsk:

I just went outside and tried holding down the lock button but still no beep, then I remembered the little button under the boot release lever. The beep only sounds if the button is pressed in.

Redsteve.

No problem. I find that one of the best parts of owning an LS is that every so often you find out something new about it. I remember being made up when someone on here told me about the 3rd sun visor! Little things please little minds and all that...

Redsteve.

No problem. I find that one of the best parts of owning an LS is that every so often you find out something new about it. I remember being made up when someone on here told me about the 3rd sun visor! Little things please little minds and all that...

I couldnt agree more David. I have a little thing that pleases the wife no end.

unfortunately its my credit card.

unfortunat