Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should I?

hey all iv been looking for a is 200 whilst waiting on redundancy coming to me however not been having much luck, i did however come across one near by on friday

here is a little advert from it:

4 Doors, Manual, Saloon, Petrol, 65,000 miles, Black, MOT-08-2010. ABS, Half Leather, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Cruise control, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Park distance control, Radio/CD, Electrically adjustable seats, Service History. Insurance Group:12

i guess what im asking is do you think its worth it? i havent spoke to the garage owner yet but have spoke with a finance company who will be getting back in touch with me on monday to see if i would be accepted for finance on it.

i had a good poke about it today and could only see a few very small stone chips on the bonet and a scratch on the back bumper.

it is up for sale for £4295 and its a 51 plate

whats your opinions guys? also what should i be asking/ looking outfor when i go back to the garage?

Derek

lex.jpg

hiya mate,

check service history - and check to see if the cambeelt etc has been done - altho its low mileage it should have had it done by now- this can be costly.

also check the discs - not expensive to replace but worth checking - the past 2 ive bought needed the rear ones doing.

Check the CD player - if its the original lexus one, check that it loads and plays CD's - most fail - displaying a "error" message. original cd players are expensive to replace/repair - most replce them with aftermarket ones.

aside from that all the obvious stuff HPi check etc.

im sure a few other members will have things to add :) hope this helps you

Small thing, if it's manual, it wont have cruise, sounds about right, for the age / milage if its in really good order with service history. Stone chips are common and noticable on black, but with the age of car has to be expected.

But you could buy mines :whistling: 2002 Sport, 61K, not much more money, and a few extra bits.

cheers for the hints guys, i had a good poke about again today just waiting to get hold of the garage owner to get things sorted, gonna do a hpi check but dono how to so how do i go about it?

deckie if i had the cash id probably be interested theres been a few on here that have caught my eye but sadly waiting on the guvernment getting there fingers out to get my redundancy means im having to buy on finance then pay off when i eventualy get money

derek

id have to say mate, if you can hold out, do it, wait for the cash. i just brought my second lex, same spec as yours, with 12 months tax, nov mot, already modded tastefully and in mint condition for 3400.

its a buyers market, you could get so much car for 4250. On auto trader there is a silver sport navigator, 54 plate, 63k, cam belt changed, looks brand new, he wants 5k for it, i got him down to 4200! i was so close but then had a moment of sense and realised i should really save the cash as i have a baby due in 7 weeks!

seriously mate, wait for the cash and you will get a 5k car for the 4250 you have got, either that or your gonna buy a 3k car for 4250 from a a garage.

just my opinion :)

well i took some advice from you guyes and held off from the lex i was looking at, the more i looked the more i couldnt justify paying over the odds, i really love the is200 but im willing to hold off until the cash is there for one rather than pay alot more than i should be, again cheers guys

well i took some advice from you guyes and held off from the lex i was looking at, the more i looked the more i couldnt justify paying over the odds, i really love the is200 but im willing to hold off until the cash is there for one rather than pay alot more than i should be, again cheers guys

fair play mate :)

wishing you all the best with your saving and searching !

Get one with all the styling kit as im sure you will want to do it at some point. As they in the Guiness Advert... "Best things come to those who wait"