Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked up my IS220d (57 plate, 34000 Miles)last week. Got off the main roads and the center console rattles badly. The rattle seems to be coming from inside the console. I have tried holding/pressing all parts of the dash to try and work out what is causing the rattle with no luck. Any ideas? Will Lexus fix this if I return the car? I have only had the car 3 days. Thanks

Picked up my IS220d (57 plate, 34000 Miles)last week. Got off the main roads and the center console rattles badly. The rattle seems to be coming from inside the console. I have tried holding/pressing all parts of the dash to try and work out what is causing the rattle with no luck. Any ideas? Will Lexus fix this if I return the car? I have only had the car 3 days. Thanks

I live in Hull and bought my 220d 57 plate with 37K miles on it around 8 weeks ago. I bought it from a local independant dealer and it had a really nasty rattle in the drivers door. It was that bad I was considering trading it in for a Merc/Audi or Beemer even though I had looked at them and preferred the Lexus. Anyhow I contacted our local Lexus dealer and explained about the rattle, they were excellent and booked the car in for 2 days later. They offered me a courtesy car but I didn't need one, and I got my car back the same day absolutely rattle free :) It is now a pleasure to drive and I look forward to it. Lexus said that even if the car hadn't still been under manufactures warranty they would have still done the rattles. They said I had purchased a lexus and it should be a joy to drive :)

I give them 10 out of 10. Forgot to say they even washed and polished it before returning it to us.