Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

my bridgestone re050 rear tyres are now down to the twi markers and 36K miles on them and are in need of replacement.i am staying with the same brand because of the excellent mileage/value.after a good search around the best i could find was from tyre express,fully fitted at home for £137.27each.

my bridgestone re050 rear tyres are now down to the twi markers and 36K miles on them and are in need of replacement.i am staying with the same brand because of the excellent mileage/value.after a good search around the best i could find was from tyre express,fully fitted at home for £137.27each.

I have just fitted Bridgestone Potenzas RE050A 245/45/17 99Y XL to rear, 225/45/17 94Y XL to front. A bit over specified i know but I got a great deal at €600 ( about stg£510) supplied and fitted. That is very good value over here. Have only done about 400 miles on them, but so far, i am well pleased. Quiet and stick to the road. Hope i get the same mileage as i got on the Dunlop sport maxx(36k miles). Mind you, when i saw them off the car, i was barely legal on the back and deffo penalty points territory on the front.

Personally I would check out the Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas on the various review sites.

I would never put Bridgestones back on the car after using the Toyo's on the 250 and 200, as IMHO they have better grip and are a lot quieter. I have Dunlops on the Is-F, but it's too soon to tell if they're any better (than the Toyos).

Would agree there even without taking the lower price into account. The Sessantas on my 6MPS are better than the Toyos, possible because the Toyo sidewalls don't like a heavy car. Quieter, ride better and turn in well. Similar price to Toyos. Trouble is that tyres do behave differently on different cars, and we all like different things.

hi,personally i prefer the bridgestones,had them on my last IS 200.currently have bridgestones on the front and falkens on the rear of my current IS 200(HOPING TO CHANGE THE TO BRIDGESTONE SHORTLY),think they are great all round,had toyo on my mazda xedos 6 and although they grip well they tend to wear quick as made of a softer compound.

Whats the best tyre in terms of road noise, i have bridgestone on the front and dunlop on the rear, and i do get a fair bit of road noise.

I got Toyo Proxes T1Rs XL (extra load) (225/45/R17 for the front, 245/45/r17 for the rear ones - standard on my IS250) fitted. They are very quiet and comfort is also ok. Having driven on M25 between junction 11 an junction 9 (noisest bit ot road in entire UK I guess...cemented instead of tarmac)... I could really notice the difference in noise... toyos were much quieter than the dunlops or b'stones..

i got them fully fitted for £453 .. the cheapest i could find ... the rear ones seem be rare

camskills does it for £430... but you need to get it fitted somewhere

Hi,

My first post since buying my first Lexus car, picking up on the 8th :)

______

To introduce myself:

'06 IS220D SE-L Multimedia 41k on clock (wish I was more daring or better off enough for a newer one but is perfect for what I need and want)

I am a B(E)MS engineer (Building (Energy) Management Systems), drive about 25k a year, varying, about half, amount of train travel into London which helps keep my mileage down a fair amount :). my average travel is about 1h:45mins each way, so comfort I found is a key factor.

Wanted a comfy decent car with everything the ISD offered, so loved it from the first test drive!

______

Anyway, i'm told, comes with pretty crap tyres, and I am after the following points to change to after, please advise:

- a good mpg,

- fairly good mileage

- low noise not a must but the lower the better,

- price always a factor, but not the be-all & end-all,

- all season a factor too as weather earlier this year kinda highlighted the Michelins on the sporty stiff Audi I had befores weaknesses (although that was FWD)

I am thinking a Michelin Energy, but as I said the Michelins may not be the best choice for me.

I have a good friend who is a tyre man, contacts etc, so might be able to help some of you get a good deal in the future :)

Look forward to asking for your guys help in the future, and hope I can contribute.

Thanks in advance for your replys

:)

• 3 weeks later...