Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Omg Iv Gone And Done It !

xCELSIORx

Hi guys

i was changing the dizzy cap on my 1993 celsior and i dropped a dizzy cap bolt into the timing belt cover :tsktsk:. Has anyone got any ideas how to get it out?

I dont really want to replace the timing belt as it was not done that long ago

any help would be really appreciated thanks

Hi guys

i was changing the dizzy cap on my 1993 celsior and i dropped a dizzy cap bolt into the timing belt cover :tsktsk:. Has anyone got any ideas how to get it out?

I dont really want to replace the timing belt as it was not done that long ago

any help would be really appreciated thanks

You could try fishing around with one of the commercially available pick up tools.

One with a good magnet on the end.

Got it out with a telescopic magnet :)

on the down side tho the car has started running on 4 cylinders i took the dizzy cap off the drivers side and the rotor arm was smashed to peices, so i replaced it and put it bk together and its still running on 4 cylinders i can pull the king lead off the drivers side and it makes no differance, where when i take it off the passenger side the engine cuts out so tomorow im gonna take the dizzy cap off and see if the new rotor arm is ok hopefully not smashed like the old one.

has anyone else had the same problem

thanks for your help guys ;)

Congratulations on buying the best model LS400, the Celsior, I have a 1994 model,where are you in the UK?

I was going to suggest tipping the car upside down and giving it a good shake which would have probably got the bolt out :D but you seem to have sorted that now.

Just make sure the rotor arm is fitted correctly as they can be fitted 180 degrees out.

Congratulations on buying the best model LS400, the Celsior, I have a 1994 model,where are you in the UK?

I was going to suggest tipping the car upside down and giving it a good shake which would have probably got the bolt out :D but you seem to have sorted that now.

Just make sure the rotor arm is fitted correctly as they can be fitted 180 degrees out.

i loved it before this stupid problem lol, On the rotor arm there is a lug that i goes into so it looks like it can only go in 1 way correct me if im wrong coz i would love to sort this stupid problem out.Is there a way i can test the ignition coil ?

I was going to suggest tipping the car upside down and giving it a good shake which would have probably got the bolt out biggrin.gif but you seem to have sorted that now.

i loved it before this stupid problem lol, On the rotor arm there is a lug that i goes into so it looks like it can only go in 1 way correct me if im wrong coz i would love to sort this stupid problem out.Is there a way i can test the ignition coil ?

You can check the coil resistance with a meter, I can't remember or find the correct readings, but I had a faulty one and it showed on the resistance test.

I was going to suggest tipping the car upside down and giving it a good shake which would have probably got the bolt out biggrin.gif but you seem to have sorted that now.

You can check the coil resistance with a meter, I can't remember or find the correct readings, but I had a faulty one and it showed on the resistance test.

how do i test it because i could test the other side to see what the reading should be couldnt i ??