Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Squeeking

jad

Hi guys wondered if you had any ideas what this could be,hit a pot hole about a month ago and hit it hard, it was at the side of a metal manhole cover so i hit that aswell and knew it was gunna cause damage anyway in the last week the front suspension on that side has sarted to squeek.Seems to be comming from the shock absorber squeeks when you go over speed bumps and any uneven ground .

Steering is ok fine driving at high speed and dosen't pull to that side and there is no play in the wheel on that side either, had a look at the suspension and nothing looks out of place.So was hoping if anyone had ideas to what the fault could be .

Any help would be much appreciated .

James.

mine had this the other day and i thought it was my new coilovers so took them apart and found out that it was the upper wishbone that was squeeking,so a little wd40 and teflon spray where it bolts on and no more noise,try there first :)

• 1 month later...

If you haven't already solved it.....You could try inspecting the bottom ball joint. You need to lever it up while the car is on the ground. There should be no movement at all.

I hit a deep hole a year ago and after a bit of squeaking over a couple of days the ball joint fell apart and the car fell on to its wheel. Luckily I was doing about 20mph and it just locked the wheel and stopped. Wrecked the wing, the tyre and the abs wire. I have never known of a ball joint falling apart on any car so it was a bit of a surprise.