Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

anyone know of a decent place to get a MOT done in the whereabouts of Newmarket, Bury St. Edmunds, and Thetford?

if I have to put a bottle of jack Daniels in the back, I don't mind, I just don't want to drop my car off and pick it up out of gas...

Why dont you just wait while its done?

As to be expected in this area of the forum.

Another plus one post to someone who has no idea what is going on.

I really appreciate the thought and consideration you put into your epic contribution to my situation.

I never, ever thought of waiting while my MOT was done.

You are so right, why didn't I think of that.

All my problems are solved.

You are the epitome of wisdom.

Now where was it you said I could go to get the MOT done, while I wait?

I am sure you will mention it when you add another post to your ever increasing number.

To be able to dole out the wisdom as you do...

maybe since it has been so much,

it is not so good now,

as it was in the beginning,

I am sure,

when you knew what you were talking about.

Now seriously, I just want to get an MOT at a respectable place.

If no one knows, no big deal, I can find one.

I just thought maybe someone would be helpful.

I hope I did not anger the prepubescent gods of forum wisdom,

and doubly, I hope I did not anger the forum moderator.

I really appreciate the thought and consideration you put into your epic contribution to my situation.

I am sure you will mention it when you add another post to your ever increasing number.

it is not so good now,

I am sure,

bit out of order their matey,you said you didn't wanna drop it off and go back to it with no gas........if you wait they will not go a run or waste time running about going for breakfast etc thats the point shahz was making..........

why not try toyota/lexus??mot's their are no dearer than any other garage...

it is not so good now,

I am sure,

bit out of order their matey,you said you didn't wanna drop it off and go back to it with no gas........if you wait they will not go a run or waste time running about going for breakfast etc thats the point shahz was making..........

why not try toyota/lexus??mot's their are no dearer than any other garage...

Exactly the point i was making Ormi......

....."another plus 1 post" wtf are you on about, ive been around here for years and aint now nor ever been bothered about my post count.......its a :tsktsk: MOT mate not an engine transplant that your wanting.....the fact the your asking where to get something as basic as MOT done shows you have "no idea of whats going on"........lets simplify this for you, anywhere where you see THIS SIGN you can get an MOT.

:tsktsk:

+1

+1

+1

i think you guys are missing the point.

and i suppose you are right, i do not really understand the MOT process, being as i have only been in your country since February.

i was told it is very similar to the JCI process in Japan, which includes quite a bit of paperwork, in Japanese, a fee for this, and a tax for that, and a very intrusive inspection of your vehicle.

but i am now under the impression that it is not so much as that, and only lasts about an hour.

that was some of the information i was looking for, but failed to find here.

i have talked with people, and found a place to have my MOT done, and i was told specific places not to go,

which is what i was kind of looking for here, not so much the tank of gas as a place that will not take advantage of the fact that i am a foreigner.

thanks for all the helpful information you guys gave me though, i really appreciate it.

i am sure people who have an IS model Lexus have little to no unsolvable problems with you guys around to help them sort things out.

we have names for people like you where i am from.

+1

+1

+1

What are you implying that myself ormi & felix are trying to add to our post count.....for your information Ormi is actually a Toyota tech and is probably one of the few that has more knowledge then everyone put together in terms of these cars....and as for felix you only need to look under his avatar, for a member of 7 years he has 200 posts....doesnt quite look like hes trying to rack up the posts :yawn:

and i suppose you are right, i do not really understand the MOT process, being as i have only been in your country since February.

i was told it is very similar to the JCI process in Japan, which includes quite a bit of paperwork, in Japanese, a fee for this, and a tax for that, and a very intrusive inspection of your vehicle.

but i am now under the impression that it is not so much as that, and only lasts about an hour.

Missing what point, where exactly in you OP did you state any of that information, your emphasis was where to take it so they wouldnt run it around while you were not there, and you were willing to stick a bottle of JD up the backside of the tester for not doing so......hence i gave the simple answer of why dont you wait.....ask a stupid question without the full story/picture and you wont get 'some of the information you where looking for' anywhere let alone here.

not so much the tank of gas as a place that will not take advantage of the fact that i am a foreigner.

Again not in the OP how the :tsktsk: is anyone supposed to know that

thanks for all the helpful information you guys gave me though, i really appreciate it.

i am sure people who have an IS model Lexus have little to no unsolvable problems with you guys around to help them sort things out.

unless your thought process manages to get its way to the keyboard and onto the post rather than a random sentance im afraid you aint going to get much help....actually people do have problems, regardless of which car thay have and like to help each other, seems if you had put as much effort into your OP than you have trying to start an argument you would have got a better response...cause you really had people lining up to give you an an answer didnt you.

Excuse you, what are you implying when you say people like me wtf does that mean, you dont know me, that fact that i gave you a simple answer to your stupid :tsktsk: question dont mean you know me.......and trust me there are plentiful names for people like you from where im from, the UK, where if arrogant :tsktsk: like dont like it then you know where to go!

In all the years being on this forum ive never got into an argument with anyone, but then comes along this :tsktsk: who i gave a simple response to his question, not meant in any way sarcastic, but just merely a suggestion....and he goes off on one about not being helpful...........

Try main dealers or kwik fit etc

also if your concerned they'll run your motor out of fuel then only leave a bit in???

No brainer IMO

I wouldn't advise you leaving a bottle of JD in the boot as I don't think that'll get you anywhere.

Test stations are constantly monitored for ppl trying to bribe testersso they'll 'overlook' certain things.

So they'll probly look into your mot even more and fail it anyway and keep your bottle of JD lol

anyway +1 post for me :) soon I'll be able to get a toaster lol

now take the chip off your shoulderand treat ppl giving a reasonable answer to stupid question with the respect they deserve.

well done SHAHZ!

I read Japanese newspaper no problem, and

"we have names for people like you where i am from" ==== 豚 / 白痴

an mot is an mot it doesn't matter were you go or when you go if theirs something wrong with it it will fail if their nothing wrong with it it passes!!!!!the job takes an hour max..............it doesn't matter what you've modded if its safe it will pass......

thats the last i will say on the matter!!!!!!

best place for you to look for help now is google under garage services of

yellow pages under mot stations!!!

cheers shahz i have been moting and rebuilding these cars for over 6 years now!!!

Ormi it does say in another thread about googling garage services

it even says to avoid kwik fit for some reason??? So it proves that any info or advice is just ignored anyway.

Anyway never had an issue with them testing my cars although I now use a smallish local garage.

Never been an issue there either.

In fact I got treated the same there and at kwik fit oh and main dealers.

So if the issue is the fuel or the fact that your foreign then take somebody with you.

But if your car is roadworthy then it won't matter if your English, Irish, scotish or from any eastern European or Asian region then they will pass it. If there is something wrong then they won't pass it. Simples ;)

if you really want a 100% legit test where they won't use your fuel or take the ***** that your foreign etc then contact your local council tester (where they do taxi's) then they do it usually cheaper than garages but definately leave out the bottle of JD cos they'll know what your upto and either refuse to do it or go over it even more ;)

What on earth is this thread about? If you have a question to ask there's no need to bash everyone that responds! To begin with its your fault for assuming the MOT is similar to the intrusive test you're used to in Japan. Your initial response was so unprovoked I'm not even sure if you just wanted to pick a fight :blink:

The MOT is relatively simple and doesn't last long at all. In addition, the prices are standardised so it costs the same everywhere too. I just drop mine off at my Lexus dealer, have a nice cup of coffee, flick through today's headlines and then they tell me my car's ready. No worries, no fuss.

I suggest you do the same :)

I'd recommend the dealer for MOTs. In the past my local Lexus dealer have collected/returned my car from the house and washed the car, all for the government standard fee.

What on earth is this thread about? If you have a question to ask there's no need to bash everyone that responds! To begin with its your fault for assuming the MOT is similar to the intrusive test you're used to in Japan. Your initial response was so unprovoked I'm not even sure if you just wanted to pick a fight :blink:

The MOT is relatively simple and doesn't last long at all. In addition, the prices are standardised so it costs the same everywhere too. I just drop mine off at my Lexus dealer, have a nice cup of coffee, flick through today's headlines and then they tell me my car's ready. No worries, no fuss.

I suggest you do the same :)

i agree with your first few lines!!!!i looked at a few of his other posts and he does the same in them picking fights or arguing...so now i'll just avoid his posts......

you know what they say about asking a stupid question!!!!!!!

+1

+1

+1

I think you should make your point so that it isn't missed on the same post as your question instead of trying to get your post count up with one post for the question and another for the point! Some people will do anything to get a +1 on their post count!

Just read thru this, got a good laugh out of it anyway :lol:

This is my favourite bit!!!

Feel free to go back to where you came from anytime you like mate

we should have a aggro section to post in, for when any members feel the urge for confrontation :D

+1

+1

+1

i have talked with people, and found a place to have my MOT done, and i was told specific places not to go,

which is what i was kind of looking for here, not so much the tank of gas as a place that will not take advantage of the fact that i am a foreigner.

I would like to know why you are being an ******** towards members ??

I would like to know why you are being an ******** towards members ??

pmsl i nearly spat my coffee over my screen reading that.

it would of been JD but as thats locked in the OP's boot i dont think there is much chance of that lol.

I would like to know why you are being an ********* towards members ??

pmsl i nearly spat my coffee over my screen reading that.

it would of been JD but as thats locked in the OP's boot i dont think there is much chance of that lol.

it is true though....every post he posts he ends up causing greef!!!but after that outburst i don't think he's going to get much help anymore!!!!!!!!