Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1999 Ls400 - P1354, P1351

1999 Lexus LS400, 120,000 miles. Timing belt replaced at 90,000, clean engine. Check engine light on and trouble codes 1354 and 1351 return after clearing. Computer has been replaced, wiring from oil control vales to ECM checked, replaced one oil control valve on bank 1, checked timing belt and is proper and in time. Front of motor and left valve cover off now and just don't see the problem. Clear codes and car runs fine, drive for a couple minutes and come to a stop and car is running very rough, check engine light back on and trouble codes re-appear. Also has had codes P0302, 304, 306, 308. VVT trouble and not sure where to turn, any help here ???? Thanks in advance :)

• 2 months later...

1999 Lexus LS400, 120,000 miles. Timing belt replaced at 90,000, clean engine. Check engine light on and trouble codes 1354 and 1351 return after clearing. Computer has been replaced, wiring from oil control vales to ECM checked, replaced one oil control valve on bank 1, checked timing belt and is proper and in time. Front of motor and left valve cover off now and just don't see the problem. Clear codes and car runs fine, drive for a couple minutes and come to a stop and car is running very rough, check engine light back on and trouble codes re-appear. Also has had codes P0302, 304, 306, 308. VVT trouble and not sure where to turn, any help here ???? Thanks in advance :)

I had the same problem, i also thought the camshaft timing was perfect but in the end the left camshaft was 1 tooth of.... fixed it and codes where gone...