Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What To Look For During A Test Drive

Roberto

I'm taking an October '05 SC430 out for a 2 hour test drive on Thursday and would appreciate any advice about what to look for. I had an IS200 for 7 years which I traded in for a Prius, we also have a 7 year old RX300 which is still going strong.

The SC430 has only just come into the dealership so they've not had a chance to spruce it up. I'm a little concerned as it doesn't seem to have been that well cared for - lots of black marks on the cream leather, badly kerbed alloys (will be replaced by dealer), a scratch on one wing and quite a deep dent on the boot lid.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Very little goes wrong with these cars it's a Lexus after all!

Only problems I have had in 4 years is the self levelling headlight sensor, corroding alloys and an occasional loud bang when lowering the roof.

All these were fixed under warranty.

Engine and gearbox should be almost silent.

Excellent mid range torque makes for very relaxed driving.

Check inside edge of front tyres for wear and CD changer is OK.

Seat memory function not working is a sign of a flat Battery and the system not being reset.

A full Lexus service history is a must though.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for your reply Paul

We really enjoyed the test drive, a very powerful but civilised car.

The dealer is fitting new tyres and reconditioned alloys. Mechanicals are barely audible with the roof closed, when open you get a gentle thrumming bass from the V8. The stereo is excellent, I did make sure all CD slots load and eject as per your suggestion as I've had them stick before in my IS200.

The car I'm looking at has a full service history and will have a Lexus one year warranty. The only hitch is my insurance company insist I will have to fit a tracker, not sure if all companies would insist on this.

All the best

Rob

Thanks for your reply Paul

We really enjoyed the test drive, a very powerful but civilised car.

The dealer is fitting new tyres and reconditioned alloys. Mechanicals are barely audible with the roof closed, when open you get a gentle thrumming bass from the V8. The stereo is excellent, I did make sure all CD slots load and eject as per your suggestion as I've had them stick before in my IS200.

The car I'm looking at has a full service history and will have a Lexus one year warranty. The only hitch is my insurance company insist I will have to fit a tracker, not sure if all companies would insist on this.

All the best

Rob

Hi try sky insurance they advertise on this forum you also get a discount for being a member

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links