Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Running Boards On An Rx450

Has anyone fitted running boards to an RX450? I have bought some Winbo boards which are advertised as fitting 400's and 450's.The supplying company say they should fit but their photographs are taken from an RX400. Which looks totally different underneath to my RX450, I cannot see them fitting.

This is my third RX having owned a 300, 400 and now 450. I fitted running boards to my 400 without any problems. They did help to stop the very annoying door dents in my 400.

If anyone has advice it would be much appreciated.

Sorry I can't answer your query regarding the 450.

But can you please advise where you got your running boards for the 400 from? how much they cost and are they easy to fit? I like the idea of them preventing annoying door dents which I've recently fallen foul of, but I want to make sure they are not to outlandish or cheapen the appearance of the car!

The boards currently advertised being able to fit 450's do not. The boards need different brackets to be made. After spending some time on trying to make them fit I took my car to the suppliers. Where they made a set of brackets for them to fit, though they are too recessed and sit under the doors. I am awaiting a set of spacers to make them extend out and do the job they were bought for. Not really a fan of running boards but have to say they look good and are very useful for standing on for washing the roof of my 450.

The supplying company have being really good at trying to rectify the problem and would recommend them to anyone. Have sent PM to RickJ on the supplying company and will give their details to anyone who wants them.

UPDATE

Now having having problems with said company, I will advise you all of the outcome. For the present time I will not be refering anyone to them and suggest to others hangfire.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone fitted running boards to an RX450? I have bought some Winbo boards which are advertised as fitting 400's and 450's.The supplying company say they should fit but their photographs are taken from an RX400. Which looks totally different underneath to my RX450, I cannot see them fitting.

This is my third RX having owned a 300, 400 and now 450. I fitted running boards to my 400 without any problems. They did help to stop the very annoying door dents in my 400.

If anyone has advice it would be much appreciated.

Not sure you will be able as yet to get side/running boards to fit RX 450h - Had set on my RX 400h ( purchased from direct 4x4.com at cost of £194 ) which I had removed when I replaced vehicle with 450h - was hoping these would still fit this new model - unfortunately not - 450h has a plastic skin covering underside of vehicle - hence to fit brackets holes would have to be cut ! - this I am told by my Lexus dealer would invalidate the vehicles warranty - understandable I suppose. I have been in contact with supplier of boards, and as of yet they do not have an answer as how to fit without cutting holes. Hence I have now a set of boards for sale on eBay !

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure you will be able as yet to get side/running boards to fit RX 450h - Had set on my RX 400h ( purchased from direct 4x4.com at cost of £194 ) which I had removed when I replaced vehicle with 450h - was hoping these would still fit this new model - unfortunately not - 450h has a plastic skin covering underside of vehicle - hence to fit brackets holes would have to be cut ! - this I am told by my Lexus dealer would invalidate the vehicles warranty - understandable I suppose. I have been in contact with supplier of boards, and as of yet they do not have an answer as how to fit without cutting holes. Hence I have now a set of boards for sale on ebay !

Hi Mick, I've recently upgraded to an 07 400h and am looking at buying a set of the running boards for it. How easy are they to fit? From what's been said on hear it sounds like there's no need for any additional drilling as all the bracket holes exist on the 400h - is that right?

Might be easier to get a dealer to fit them as I don't have any ramps either.

Appreciate any advice!

Cheers!

Not sure you will be able as yet to get side/running boards to fit RX 450h - Had set on my RX 400h ( purchased from direct 4x4.com at cost of £194 ) which I had removed when I replaced vehicle with 450h - was hoping these would still fit this new model - unfortunately not - 450h has a plastic skin covering underside of vehicle - hence to fit brackets holes would have to be cut ! - this I am told by my Lexus dealer would invalidate the vehicles warranty - understandable I suppose. I have been in contact with supplier of boards, and as of yet they do not have an answer as how to fit without cutting holes. Hence I have now a set of boards for sale on ebay !

Hi Mick, I've recently upgraded to an 07 400h and am looking at buying a set of the running boards for it. How easy are they to fit? From what's been said on hear it sounds like there's no need for any additional drilling as all the bracket holes exist on the 400h - is that right?

Might be easier to get a dealer to fit them as I don't have any ramps either.

Appreciate any advice!

Cheers!

The boards fitted to my RX 400h were quite heavy - hence I got a mechanic to fit for me - only took him a couple of hours - ( vehicle will need to be jacked up to fit ) - I doubt Lexus Dealer will fit as they are not an Lexus assessory

The boards fitted to my RX 400h were quite heavy - hence I got a mechanic to fit for me - only took him a couple of hours - ( vehicle will need to be jacked up to fit ) - I doubt Lexus Dealer will fit as they are not an Lexus assessory

Great, thanks Mick

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but thought this might be useful - I had running boards fitted by the Lexus dealer in the USA when I bough my RX400h new in 2008 - the results were great but very expensive - $1300!!!!

I have also bought from Direct 4x4 here in the UK for a different vehicle, found the company to be really helpful, the boards will be fitted this week (by a local mechanic)

Cheers

Will you be kind enough to post some pics?

Threads on running boards often generate a lot of discussions... they are a bit like Marmite!

Would be good to see what yours look like.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links