Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Car

Hey all, I'm new to this forum and new to Lexus. Will be picking up my new car later, it's a 2004 Altezza AS200. Always liked the look of the IS200/Altezza, cant wait to get the keys and take it for a good drive. I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

Went to pick up the car today. Done the deal, signed the paperwork and swapped keys. Before I headed off I rang my insurance to transfer my policy over, only to be told that they won't cover the car as it has no NCT (MOT). The car is a 2004 Jap import which has never been NCT'd. Luckily I caught the sales guy just as he was heading home, had to leave the car with them and take my old one back, he said he will get onto the NCT tomorrow and try get a cancellation.

First time I've ever heard of this happening.

I'm just glad I'm not stuck with a new car and no insurance for the night, that would be scary, think I'd have to sleep in the car.

welcome to LOC matey, nice car, more details tho, price condition milage? def post the pics soon!

how much did you pay for it?

Its a 2004 AS200 manual, 42,000km, black, it's in very good condition, only mods are 18" split rims and a Lexus grill. Think the garage tried to make it look more like an IS200 than an Altezza as boy racers ain't into 6pot Altezzas, doesn't bother me as I was looking for an IS200 but couldn't find any good ones so thought this would be close enough, plus it was a good bit cheaper than an IS200. Comes to me serviced, belt done and new tyres, I paid €9000.

Will post some pics as soon as I can.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links