Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I don't drive the LS much as I have a few things I want to get sorted on it. This past few weeks I've done quite well.

Rear centre brake light went a month or so ago, all replaced now :)

3 lights behind the "Pwr" "Height" and "Sport" mode had all gone, i replaced those and now it lights up nicely at night

and finally my satnav! About a month after I bought the car the GPS went crazy often losing signal, it got to the point that it would be fine for the 1st 5 mins and then lose signal, or be very inaccurate. With some searching in here and the US forum I found where the GPS was (It's not behind the parcel shelf I found after removing all of the rear seats! It's in fact behind the screen in the front. I popped this out, found the receiver and then almost ordered one from driveandview as Luke there was super helpful, however I had a £3.99 eBay GPS receiver I had bought in error, laying around the house. So I soldered the eBay GPS onto the Lexus specific lead which the faulty GPS was on, put it back together and it's working brilliantly. £3.99 fix, you can't beat that. I also updated the maps from the 2001 one to the 2008 one from Keith on here a few weeks ago, thanks Keith :)

Next up are the parking sensors, 3 of which are faulty, I have taken a gamble and ordered 3 second hand ones from the states and they'll arrive in a couple of weeks after UK revenue and customs shaft me for some more fees no doubt. Then a couple of shopping trolley type dents to remove followed by a trip to a dealer to ask them to enable my steering wheel to work with the memory seats as it doesn't come out again when you start the car and the manual says that a dealer can turn this function on.

I've already put new tyres on, had the wheels refurbed and am pretty happy.

I went out for a drive tonight, filled it up with vpower (every 4th tank) and enjoyed the ride home.

I could also do with some new mats but after my £3.99 GPS fix I am loathed to spend £50 - £70 on some nice mats.

Sounds good.

Ive just replaced some trim on mine and done a few things all of which give a new feel to the car.

My steering wheel mechanism is worn which means it only returns to the memorized position on ocaissions. I'm threatening a fix on this which will make a mega difference.

Hey Steve - What "wears" on the steering wheel that stops it returning to the memory position? Any idea's? I'd have thought that it if moves ok then it's just not enabled. I'd be happy to hear so I could have a look at mine before possibly paying Lexus to enable it and find out it's not that.

Hey Steve - What "wears" on the steering wheel that stops it returning to the memory position? Any idea's? I'd have thought that it if moves ok then it's just not enabled. I'd be happy to hear so I could have a look at mine before possibly paying Lexus to enable it and find out it's not that.

Hi

Here's a link to the "fix" http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4237

It looks to me as if the plastic components gradually wear so that the gear wheels don't always meet correctly. I AM going to do it.

Cheers Steve, but mine works fine manually (If I move the lever) it just doesn't return to where I want it to when I start the car.

and another plus - Tonight I've just replaced 2 faulty parking sensors and they now all work fine. Dead chuffed!!!! :)

Cheers Steve, but mine works fine manually (If I move the lever) it just doesn't return to where I want it to when I start the car.

Mine tilts away and then returns to the memorized position maybe once every 10 operations. The rest of the time it requires moving with the joystick. It was this random senario that LED me to the conclusion that it was worn components. Rather like if you have damaged or broken teeth on the starter ring; every so often the damaged bit lines-up with the starter causing problems. I AM going to try the fix and will report back in due course.

Hi Modman

re the mats, what colour is your interior? :)

Andy

Hey Andy,

I dont know the "official" colour. But they look greyish, same colour as the leather? Why, do you have a cunning plan? :)

Cheers,

Daniel