Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking For A Garage......

Bobo

Hi I am looking for someone in Scotland to fix my blinky dash prob. 1994 LS400 - dash lights up only after 20 mins or so of driving.

Is it a Lexus only job or do any of you know someone to recommend north of the border - as close to Glasgow as poss would be ideal!

Thanks

Hi I am looking for someone in Scotland to fix my blinky dash prob. 1994 LS400 - dash lights up only after 20 mins or so of driving.

Is it a Lexus only job or do any of you know someone to recommend north of the border - as close to Glasgow as poss would be ideal!

Thanks

Hi,

I do not know anyone in your area that can carry out this repair but there is a member on the forum,Chris Vince who would repair the dash for you but it would mean removing it and posting it to him (normally next day return)

If you are electronically savvy you can even do the repair yourself.

If you want to take either option PM me and I will provide the removal links,repair links and even the required parts to do it.

Other than that I work for SSE and am occasionally up in Scotland but when I couldn't say but if you are prepared to wait I could repair it for you.

Thanks Steve - I am too clumsy with my big mits to attempt what I imagine to be a tricky repair with soldering etc.

Not in any great rush so give me a shout next time your coming up and that would be great - cheers, top man!

I will of course pay for the service!

If it gets any worse in the meantime I might dismantle it and send it to your recommendation.

Over the weekend it came on first time even though the car had been sitting for days without moving. Then on some other mornings its 15mins or so before it kicks into life.

Maybe the temp was higher over the weekend....is it temp related?

Thanks Steve - I am too clumsy with my big mits to attempt what I imagine to be a tricky repair with soldering etc.

Not in any great rush so give me a shout next time your coming up and that would be great - cheers, top man!

I will of course pay for the service!

If it gets any worse in the meantime I might dismantle it and send it to your recommendation.

Over the weekend it came on first time even though the car had been sitting for days without moving. Then on some other mornings its 15mins or so before it kicks into life.

Maybe the temp was higher over the weekend....is it temp related?

Yes when the weather gets warmer they tend to light up quicker.

When I get another call out I will contact you, the last time I was near Crief and the time before that on Mull, sent the other guy to Barra!

Thanks Steve - not sure if I can PM or not being so new but my email is rmuir@monster.co.uk - drop me a mail whenever you have a sec and I can email you my mobile number.

Thanks again,

Best

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links