Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help ! Lost Keys For Is200 Sport

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

As the title says, i have lost the one and only key i had for the IS200...

Any idea what can be done??

I am currently trying to source another set of locks ECU and keys from a scrapyard, have also spoken to some locksmiths.

Option they gave was to get another key from the Dealers and they would re flash the ECU and programme the new key + transponder to work.

but some locksmiths say thats its a dealer job only and the dealers are quoting £1500 :shutit: :shutit:

Yes mate thats soumd about right for dealer prices.....your best bet will be second hand, there are a few being broken on emay at the moment, might be worth a call....sorry to hear this bro

I am currently trying to source another set of locks ECU and keys from a scrapyard, have also spoken to some locksmiths.

Option they gave was to get another key from the Dealers and they would re flash the ECU and programme the new key + transponder to work.

but some locksmiths say thats its a dealer job only and the dealers are quoting £1500 :shutit: :shutit:

Hi,

i had the same problem and was lucky enough to find a guy selling it on eBay for £100. However I met a guy yesterday who claimed he can cut a new key that will open all the locks and also includes resetting the ECU as well. if you interested let me know. The quote he gave me was £170 and alos based in London, don't know how far that is away from you. if you ineterested drop me an email and i will get you his number.

just seen these on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/lexus-is200-05-ecu-and-key-reader-and-door-lock-set-/270585674129?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0029b991

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I've been searching the net for some advice on this very subject and came across this forum and thought I would share what I've found out so far, might be to late for you but may help somebody else. Spoke to Lexus UK and then to a local Lexus deal and got quoted approx £1500 all in, I was told the main issue is the immobiliser that causes the problem when you lose the master key(s). I also found out depending on the year of your IS200 the ECU/ECM can either be flashed or has to be replaced.

The good news is there are companies around with experience of reflashing IS ECM's who can do it for a fraction of the price quoted by Lexus, I've been quoted about £200 the only problem is I have to send them the ECM and supply the replacement set of Master Keys I have acquired from somewhere which means I will be without the car for a little while, but at that price I think I can live with it.

Just as a side note should you decide on the above option as appose to getting a new ECM with locks etc, apparently there are different transponder modules in the master keys which will only work with the appropriate ECM. From what I have read DENSO is used on the earlier IS and VALEO on the later ones. Apologies if I am being a bit vague with some of the information and out of ignorance duplicated something which has been posted elsewhere on the site. I'm new to this site and do not want to fall foul of the Forums rules, hopefully there is enough information to point you in the right direction and maybe save yourself a few bob in the process.

Good Luck

The good news is there are companies around with experience of reflashing IS ECM's who can do it for a fraction of the price quoted by Lexus, I've been quoted about £200 the only problem is I have to send them the ECM and supply the replacement set of Master Keys I have acquired from somewhere which means I will be without the car for a little while, but at that price I think I can live with it.

Just out if interest, who was it who quoted this for you? I was only supplied with one master key which has gone missing, so this might be an option for me as Lexus have quoted me £150 for a replacement master key, and I am not prepared to pay nearly £1800 for a completely new ECU and programming from the main stealers!

hello mate im a autolocksmith based in birmingham. we can program your ecu and supply a standard transponder key.ready programed ( plug and play )

or if you prefer a remote control key ready programed to start the engine . we will also provide instructions on how to program your remote . garanteed .

if you have any questions please call us on 0121 707 9400 james or 07908798832 stuart or just if you prefer reply to this add. cost approx £250.00

hello mate im a autolocksmith based in birmingham. we can program your ecu and supply a standard transponder key.ready programed ( plug and play )

or if you prefer a remote control key ready programed to start the engine . we will also provide instructions on how to program your remote . garanteed .

if you have any questions please call us on 0121 707 9400 james or 07908798832 stuart or just if you prefer reply to this add. cost approx £250.00

what you would have to do is mail me the ecu and the boot lock and we would reprogram the ecu then make a standard or a remote key depending on your request.

if you require just a standard transponder key would work out cheaper than the quoted price above . Turn around time would be approx 2 to 3 days maxium .

our company name address details are as follows : AUTOACCESS , 287 FOXHOLLIES ROAD , ACOCKS GREEN , BIRMINGHAM , B27 7PS , CONTACT TEL as stated above .

or you can visit the website ( www.autoaccess.org.uk ) the web site is under reconstruction at the moment but you are more than welcome to visit it.

as i say again please ring or just reply to this add if can help you.best regards james

• 1 month later...

Hi,

i had the same problem and was lucky enough to find a guy selling it on ebay for £100. However I met a guy yesterday who claimed he can cut a new key that will open all the locks and also includes resetting the ECU as well. if you interested let me know. The quote he gave me was £170 and alos based in London, don't know how far that is away from you. if you ineterested drop me an email and i will get you his number.

Hi mate,

plz. If u could txt me this guy's number ,who gave u the £170 quote for new programmer keys for is200...My no: 07946512881 or email me the details on falshaz@hotmail.com

thanks

Faz

• 11 months later...