Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Deanorows Is200 - Emissions Mot Failure Help!

Hi guys, I bought deanorows old is200 turbo, which I absolutely love, had it almost a year now, here comes the problem, I've just tried to MOT it, I fitted the CAT prior, but its miles over - fast idle co 4.56%, hc 353ppm lambda 0.89

Natural idle co - pass at 0.11. As I understand it friendly MOT testers have helped in the past, I'm stuck, I'm based in Derbyshire, can anyone help me? Feel free to PM me if you prefer, the car is amazing but I'm struggling to see any way around this!

Thanks in advance! ... I hope!

Thanks mate, its gorgeous, I've added some black split rims with polished lips, looks stunning now!

Yeah the car had been driven quite hard before the test.

The CAT is the standard item, apparently its emissions have always been an issue since the conversion!

Need to get it passed as gonna get some head work and cams next to see what its capable of! :)

hmm, is it still in good nick? what about doing something xtreme and getting a second inline together?

can you turn the boost down? or can you get a second leaner map done?

Its immaculate, its only got 55k miles on it, my second car, gets polished twice a week!

A second map is the final option really cos it'll cost a fair bit, already spent a fortune on it past few weeks, I'm really looking for a nice garage ;)

Turning the boost down is easy enough but wouldn't alter the readings with the current MAP would it?

Am a bit gutted! Took ages to fit the CAT on my driveway and for nothing!

Cheers for your help and advice

Its immaculate, its only got 55k miles on it, my second car, gets polished twice a week!

A second map is the final option really cos it'll cost a fair bit, already spent a fortune on it past few weeks, I'm really looking for a nice garage ;)

Turning the boost down is easy enough but wouldn't alter the readings with the current MAP would it?

Am a bit gutted! Took ages to fit the CAT on my driveway and for nothing!

Cheers for your help and advice

Sorry i meant is the Cqt in good nick?