Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i get confused-whats the difference between cat c and cat d ?

I think cat C is when the repair will cost more than the value of the car, cat D is when the repair is not economically viable (more than 60-70% of the value of the car, not sure on actual percentage)

So technically they could be quite similar as an older car is more likely to be cat C due to the depreciation. Personally I don't think I'd touch either unless there was something exceptional about it and it had definitely been repaired properly by a main dealer or similar.

thanks for clearing that up parthibian- i wouldnt either but will be interesting to see what it makes as im going to let mine go soon which isnt on the register

I thought cat c needed a vehicle check to go back on road, cat d just needed fixing & putting back on the road, no check's required (except MOT that is) but i've been wrong before :whistling:

i get confused-whats the difference between cat c and cat d ?

Category A, Must be crushed, usually someone has died in a Cat A total loss?

Category B, Breaker only, cannot be sold complete, must be broken for spares?

Category C, Repair not viable, usually hard hit with stuctural damage, needs a vic test before it can be put back on the road?

Category D, Beyond economical repair, Price of new parts and labour are more than the value of the car?

Take it from me that any sort of a total loss regardless of the category is worth a hell of a lot less,

If you get it stolen, or crash it your insurance company will only pay out salvage price for it?

I repair acciddent damaged cars for a living and all my dealings with insurace companies are as above?

haha yeh cheers. funny the misses said the same thing about the punctuation!lol :blush:

any way i will use this as a chance to say that this will be my last post on this forum(unless i end up with another lex,wich is likely)lol

just wanted to say thanks alot for all the tips and advice that i have got off you lot.

not to mention to say thanks to bazza as it was thanks to him that i bought the lex in the first place after seeing his in a jap car magazine when i was still in school.lol

also to sparkstav for insperation (not that it went far but the pics in banazi are still in my head of that packed engine bay!!!)

i never made it to a club meet but hopefully i will in a new shape gs.

cheers.

kieran murphy