Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trc Light Flashing And Engine Management Light

woosey

hi new 2 this need sum help

my is 200 trc light and engine management light has been on took it 2 a local garage 2 get the codes (which cost me £45)

the codes that cum up where

p1300,p1305,p1310,p1315,p1320,p1325

can any1 pls help he sed it was ingitor circuit malfunction

Well the 'codes' link helped verify what the codes refer to, but to save you £45 every time, spend £25 on a code-reader thing (plugs into a socket just above drivers feet). If you have a modern-ish laptop you can then read and re-set error codes for yourself.

Regarding the 'ignitor circuit' suggestion these are the things that sit directly on top of you spark plugs (one per pot), so the 6 codes you quoted would seem to indicate they are ALL faulty. That would seem a bit odd. Maybe the spark plugs themselves are all malfunctioning, but you can pop them out and take a look easily enough. Or else it could be something further up-stream in the ignitor circuit (sorry to be a bit vague there).

Getting hold of your own code reader would let you reset the codes and see how quickly each one re-appears. Then you can try to chase down exactly which ignitors are busted (if any). Just look for obdII in this forum for ideas about getting a reader.

It would help to know if the car runs lumpy or rough, or stalls, or if there is any evidence of work done on the engine. Or does it run just fine? Any other clues you can give us?

no sorry mate not the foggiest or i would of chipped in - im sure some one will chime in with some good advice before too long though-sorry i cant be more help its horrible when your cars messing about

thanx bf03 the car was fine up until yesterday wen i was driving along the car jst cut out and wud not start 4 3mins then it did the same a couple ov times 2day but dont really wanna drive it incase cause mre damage

oksie, well deff get a code reader, clear the codes, and see what re-occurs. Mine had a trouble code for one ignitor, and I was able to verify it by swapping out that one. I did replace all my plugs too, 'cos they looked a bit grotty, but the replacement ignitor got me sorted. Still a bit puzzled at all SIX showing trouble codes. At a guess, someone may have had problems with one, and swapped it with others until they all showed trouble codes, but thats a long shot.

thanx bf03 will get a obd reader wen he clearead them the other day they went off til yesterday an they cum bk on. wot u mean by swoppin them is it the coil pack u on about. feel a bit thick this me first lexus nt used 2 this

how far are you from a lexus main dealer woosey ? mine didnt charge to read codes and diagnose - also have you had the cambelt changed at all or has it been done in time with the reccomended intervals as im wondering if it had jumped a tooth it might give you a fault on all six ignition circuits ? dont panic at my suggestion cos im only guessing as to how or why all six circuits would show a fault - if it was me id be straight in lexus

obd2 reader HERE - check it out first to make sure it will work with your car but something similar to this would do the job - dont buy on my say so,do the research for yourself in case ive linked a product that wouldnt work

i have a lexus dealer in bolton which is about ten miles away the guy at the garage give me a number 2 a place called camco at warrington an sed they had the same eqpt as the main dealears and they wud defo sort it out but its bnk holiday so every where is closed til tues the belts were dun jst b4 i gt the car

Just ot explain my idea about how they all show errors - if one ignitor showed an error, someone could have swapped that ignitor around with another one. This should let them verify that it is the ignitor thatas at fault, as the error will show up on whichever cylinder they swapped it to. Its just possible someone could keep swapping the ignitor between cylinders until the faulty ignitor has thrown an error on every cylinder. As I said, its a long shot, but possible.

aaah that does clarify your theory a lot bf03

However i think ( and im just guessing) that woosey has more then one igniter at fault on this one as he said the car conked out completely - also i think he has a new thread started with loads of new codes being generated as well as these original ones after having everything cleared - it would seem he has some kind of electrical gremlin working overtime unfortunately - i think hes talking to lexus tomorrow about it but obviously would love to avoid expenses etc and have it working properly - wheres ormi or stav when you need em ?

obd reader - I got mine from super-trade direct on eBay. They are currently (May 2010) selling one as item number 120576192634. Since that will be long gone for future readers, the key thing is to go for one that has the 'ELM 327' chip. Apparently all UK registered cars from 2001 have a 16-pin socket compatible with this chip. On my 2003 IS200 it is behind a plastic cover just above the drivers feet, i.e. bellow the steering wheel. The one I got fits my friends Ford Puma and my wifes Honda too. If you don't mind runnnig cracked software, ProScan is included on the supplied disks, along with a load of other software, some of it open source.

Oh sorry mate. i know you wanted it fixed asap - also had hoped your lex might not charge-guess lexus brighton must be extra nice cos i rang them as soon as eml light came on and they said bring it straight over for a diagnose at no charge - youd better ask them if they waive that fee if you have the car fixed by them and make sure they dont do any work without your approval - at least they know these cars inside out as they are old hat to them now and dont suffer too many mysteries

yes mate & good luck - to give you an idea of what my ones did - eml light and trc light came on about 8-30am,phoned them at 9 they said run it straight in,diagnosed one faulty coilpack for free,ordered part for 2pm and said ok to drive car in meantime for short journeys as no loan car was available at short notice,rang me at 2pm and said parts were in.went there and they fitted the coilpack for free too - all i paid was the £108 + vat for the coilpack !! expensive part tbh but service is second to none

jst an update on where am at took it into lexus this morning and they give me my (sheet ov problems when i went 2 collect) first off all they said its either the spark plugs (coz i dnt no when they was last changed) or coil pack number 1 and quoted me £367 then they said my cam belt needs changig because ov the milage quoted me £460 (belts were done jst b4 i gt the car) then they said my water pump is leaking bt its nt major quoted me £400. jst bin 2 euro parts picked a new coil pack up 4 £52 and 6 bosh spark plugs 4 £38 gona do that myself

yes it cost me £50+vat bt i think thats ok. the labour charges were jst abit 2 high as i said gona do the plugs and coil pack 2 moz then do the water pump soon its nt as bad as thought it was gona be thanx 4 all the input. jst a quick question is coil pack number 1 at the front of the engine and number 6 near the windscreen end? they didnt pull any of the abs codes the other garage got