Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Bootlid Spoiler

Deckz

aaah a bit too far away mate - i know where theres a few near me on breakers

So lexynik where are you based then because I am also looking for an OEM Sports Spoiler with the brake light. I am i London where are these breakers then???

My car is blue but colour is not important as I will be respraying it in 3 weeks time. There is a silver bootlid with spoiler on a car on eBay but they want 175 smackers for it. I asked the guy to check if it had a brake light and he came back and said it had a reversing light (I guess he was confused because the lens is clear).

A big thank you to Lexynix. I managed to source an OEM Bootlid Spoiler w/brake light(Aero Pack).

Can i ask how much you paid for it Mars ?

They wanted £120 + VAT but managed to get it for less.

post-11303-12762863492.jpg

post-11303-127628638355.jpg

No I don't think it is the same colour as it came off a V Reg IS200 and mine is a 52 Reg. Anyway I will have to try and take the spoiler off. The problem is that although the spoiler is an original Toyota/Lexus spoiler, whoever fitted it did not use any of the clips or the two bolts to bolt it on. It is just stuck down with some sort of adhesive. It is solidly stuck down though (does not move or wobble at all).

So does anyone have any bright ideas as to how to go about this?? Do I try heating it up for instance?? Don't want to damage the spoiler in anyway.

I managed to get the spoiler off but will need to source a couple of bolts and clips as the holders for them are still instu. Other wise it will have to be a very strong adhesive to hold it securely and water tight to the bootlid.