Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unfortunately I have just had someone drive past my car whilst travelling slowly along a two-way stretch of road and despite me pulling right over to the LHS, the idiot (in an BMW X3)manged to drive by as fast as possible smashing into my drivers door mirror, popping out the glass and smashing the indicator part......unsurprisingly he did not stop although the cars following did to offer help! :tsktsk:

No one got his full reg no. though so the full cost of the repair is going to be down to me. :crybaby:

A couple of questions.....

Has anyone out there replaced an IS220 drivers door mirror? If so...

How easy is it to strip down the drivers door panel to get to the wing mirror fixing points?

Where is the best place/most cost effective place to purchase a drivers door mirror?

Can the integral indicator and clear plastic cover be replaced, rather than the whole mirror, as it is this part that has been damaged?

Your feedback/thoughts will be most appreciated on this.

Cheers

post-28804-127532316941.jpg

The integral indicator and clear plastic cover are a seperate part which cost £68. You do not have to strip out any part of the door to replace either the mirror or the indicator.

Simply popout the mirror, remove some screws and the back cover of the mirror can be removed.

The integral indicator and clear plastic cover are a seperate part which cost £68. You do not have to strip out any part of the door to replace either the mirror or the indicator.

Simply popout the mirror, remove some screws and the back cover of the mirror can be removed.

Thanks for the feedback on this ahmed24. I have had some quotes for a complete mirror unit today which vary between £217 and £254 plus VAT.

So the integral indicator and clear plastic cover are removable therefore replaceable then? It sounds simple enough to do.

Do you have any idea of what the part numbers would be for the items or would these be printed/embossed on the parts that are already fitted???

I assume that the indicator repeat LED's must have a connection inside the mirror housing for me to replace this then, otherwise I would have to remove the door card to get to the connectors as per most car designs.

Thanks for your help with this.

I dont actually have the part number. You can either get that from the current one on your mirror or simply pop down to your local lexus dealership parts department. it's a part that they dont stock and they'll usually have to order it for you. If its not in any of the Lexus Europe warehouses then it would have to come directly from Japan which takes a week or so.

Or if you want I can find out the part number for you.

I dont actually have the part number. You can either get that from the current one on your mirror or simply pop down to your local lexus dealership parts department. it's a part that they dont stock and they'll usually have to order it for you. If its not in any of the Lexus Europe warehouses then it would have to come directly from Japan which takes a week or so.

Or if you want I can find out the part number for you.

Hi Ahmed24,

If you can get the p/ns I need, this would be most helpful indeed and I can order up the parts in advance. Unfortunately my wife is using the car at the moment and she is away working in London, so I am unable to obtain the numbers myself!!!

If you or anyone else can provide me with these, I will be able to get the parts on order at least.

Thanks again for your kind help.

• 1 month later...

I have the older one with no indicator but had a big stone chip knock a 10mm chunk out of the bottom.

I was told I couldn't change the plastics so had to get a full unit plus painting (perle white)

A scrap dealer wanted £220 for a black one!

ROBBER!