Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trd Kit From Lexus

Does anybody know how much the TRD kit is to buy from lexus and also does it come ready painted like the sports grill?

thanks

Joe

It's a fair amount, probably somewhere around £500 for the full kit but that's more of a guess than anything else.

It comes in primer so will need to be painted.

:( thats not good haha. there was one for sale on ebay for £250 fibre glass?wasnt sure if this was worth getting

Problem with the replica kits is that they're not always a great fit - so with the extra cost you'll have to pay to make it fit might be easier to go for the genuine one in the first place (unless you can do it yourself)

Other problem with fibre glass is that it isn't as durable, a slight knock can cause it to crack so I personally wouldn't get it but the choice is yours ultimately :)

Worth checking the exact price with a dealer though before making a decision.

yeh they are above the £500 mark but not primered, so they need full prep before spraying too, my old IS had a fibreglass one on and it was rubbish, altho thats an accurate description of my driving too at the time, so it is no surprise that I cracked both the front and rear lip, the side skirts weren't made very well, I'm guessing so anyway as they were screwed on thru the sides of the car, ie, visible screws, leading me to believe that when they were attached along the bottom, they didn't meet the side of the car lol

DON'T BOTHER WITH THE FIBREGLASS OPTIONS :D

yeh they are above the £500 mark but not primered, so they need full prep before spraying too, my old IS had a fibreglass one on and it was rubbish, altho thats an accurate description of my driving too at the time, so it is no surprise that I cracked both the front and rear lip, the side skirts weren't made very well, I'm guessing so anyway as they were screwed on thru the sides of the car, ie, visible screws, leading me to believe that when they were attached along the bottom, they didn't meet the side of the car lol

DON'T BOTHER WITH THE FIBREGLASS OPTIONS :D

Do they not come in primer then? My bad, my TTE skirt came in primer so assumed the TRD ones would be the same.

the lip I got off john was not primered when he got it, I read somewhere that that was the case too, can't remember where tho, however TTE and TRD are seperate anyway aren't they? TTE probably do them primered before the dealers get them

the lip I got off john was not primered when he got it, I read somewhere that that was the case too, can't remember where tho, however TTE and TRD are seperate anyway aren't they? TTE probably do them primered before the dealers get them

Yeah I'm sure you're right, my error for assuming it would be the same for both - and yes of course TTE and TRD are separate so no reason why the practice of one would apply to the other :blush:

has anyone rang their dealers for actual prices for these kits..?

yes mate loads of people - the prices and opinions stated above are quite accurate

Yeah I'm sure you're right, my error for assuming it would be the same for both - and yes of course TTE and TRD are separate so no reason why the practice of one would apply to the other :blush:

I wouldn't quote me on that tho, i'm only makin the assumption based on what i've come across previously but as lexus dealers are franchised, some dealers may even prime them before sale and some may not, so either of us could be right

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links