Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I would like to connect an IPOD (classic) to LS 460 so that I can control it through the car and view play lists / details etc. via the screen. Any advice would be great

\

i have an ls430 and have installed a gateway 100 from dension, which works well and was easy to install, about £100. only prob is that it takes the place of the in car cd player, but if your using the ipod it gives more choice anyway.

dont know if it fits ls460 but worth a look

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the SL2Vi in my 2004 ls430. It comes up as a minidisc changer and also a dvd player so you can watch films on your stanav screen and you don't loose your 6 disc cd changer either.

Yeah, the SL2Vi is the best plug and play interface for the LS, but it has one big handicap - you can't play video while in motion unless you find and splice few wires.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping someone can answer my post above. I'm going to view two different 05-plate LS430's tomorrow and the lack of decent iPod connectivity could be a showstopper for me. My current car has a proper iPod interface where the stuff you see on the multimedia screen emulates an iPod with full functionality. I'm very surprised that a car so 'full of electronics' and technologically advanced as a Lexus cannot manage to integrate a humble iPod properly, even though older BMWs and Mercs manage it without any issues. I haven't used CDs for several years and have no intention of downgrading to CDs when I 'upgrade' to a Lexus! So, please could someone reassure me that full iPod integration won't be a problem as I could end up sticking with German marques simply because they tick all the boxes for me.

Do any of these units provide a full iPod integration so you can browse albums, artists, etc? Or are they just for playlists? Also, would these need to be fitted professionally?

You will probably be best sending a private message to the guys above who seem to be abreast of the technology, similarly pm the guys who have made similar posts in the audio forum.

I can understand your reservations even though I dont use an ipod. If I did, I would want the functionality in my new car. I never thought that maybe I could have my entire itunes library available in the car. There again, I do listen to the radio 24/7.

Hope you resolve the issue and step up to a Lexus.