Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Judder

julia9

I have had a bad brake judder for quite a while. The car does not brake smoothly it feels like the braking is strong then slower then back to strong etc. I have no steering wheel judder. I replaced the front discs and pads with Lexus parts but this made no differenced at all. The brakes work fine but wondered if anyone has any ideas what else it might be, thanks.

could be time for a fluid change tbh or slide pins on the caliper or caliper overhaul if you have a sticky piston it could cause the brakes to overheat and fade

Does sound like a problem with the system - could there be a leak somewhere altering the pressure?

Thanks for the replies, I havnt experienced any fade, yet, so will get those parts checked out.

• 4 weeks later...

Check rear brake discs for warp. I had same problem and after spending masses of amounts of money on replacing almost the entire front braking system without ever resolving the problem I eventually gave in and had the rear brake discs checked. A 20 quid skim later and the problem was all fixed.

Pity it was such an expensive voyage of discovery.