Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ethos Extra

Chris.S

What are Lexus GB up to ?

1st we had the "Ethos" magazine which was full of nothing but rubbish.Then this morning what comes through the letter box but "Ethos Extra" which I might add is just as c**p and rubbish as the previous one !

Why can't it be more like Toyota's "Infront" magazine which has competitions and lots of interesting articles in it !

[Edited on 13-4-2002 by Chris Shipley]

I read one at the dealers the other day - i don't get one as I bought 2nd hand. Didn't understand it though - it must be aimed at those intelligent, cultured GS and LS drivers

You've only got yourselves to blame! You go and buy a luxurious, prestige car and complain when you are treated like royalty. What did you expect- a night at the dog races? No sorry lads and lasses you are in a different league now. If we have a whip-round we may be able to afford ONE ticket to the summer ball, so who will look better in a tux, Matt or Steve?:o

Is there anyone representing Lexus GB here? If not then why not, Lexus claim they listen to their customers in which case it would make good sense for them to assign one of their staff to use this forum to get feedback and answer some questions on certain things.

Lexus are trying very hard to win over the MB S class and BMW 7 series owners and are spending a great deal of their marketing money on hosting the events offered in Ethos Extra (Ethos Extra isn't really a magazine as much as it is a sales brochure for people with lots of free time and money, in my opinion).

There's no doubt that some Lexus drivers like and make use of the offers in Ethos Extra but seeing as younger people are driving Lexi would it not be a good idea to put some offers which appeal to the younger generation? After all, supposedly younger people splash their money around more on leisure and entertainment than older people. I wouldn't mind being offered tickets to the premieres of some films :D

What does everyone reckon - Ethos Extra is bad altogether or could it be made better by broadening the offerings?

For those who may be offended: I'm not defining old or young, it really does depend on how old or young you feel.

[Edited on 15-4-2002 by GCHQAgent]

Is there anyone representing Lexus GB here? If not then why not, Lexus claim they listen to their customers in which case it would make good sense for them to assign one of their staff to use this forum to get feedback and answer some questions on certain things.

Lexus are trying very hard to win over the MB S class and BMW 7 series owners and are spending a great deal of their marketing money on hosting the events offered in Ethos Extra (Ethos Extra isn't really a magazine as much as it is a sales brochure for people with lots of free time and money, in my opinion).

There's no doubt that some Lexus drivers like and make use of the offers in Ethos Extra but seeing as younger people are driving Lexi would it not be a good idea to put some offers which appeal to the younger generation? After all, supposedly younger people splash their money around more on leisure and entertainment than older people. I wouldn't mind being offered tickets to the premieres of some films :D

What does everyone reckon - Ethos Extra is bad altogether or could it be made better by broadening the offerings?

For those who may be offended: I'm not defining old or young, it really does depend on how old or young you feel.

[Edited on 15-4-2002 by GCHQAgent]

I have read the magazine in Lexus Sheffield and it could do with some stuff for the younger peeps here. Quite a few of us are under 30 so there should be something aimed at this age bracket. Free movie premiere tickets sounds good. I could also do with a ticket for this years ozzfest if anyone from Lexus reads this:smilegrin:

well said.................

there are some people who work for/within lexus as members,whether they are moles i dont know........i doubt it,

but if we have them as memebers or not it doesnt matter they can easily find/enter and read the posts if they so wish.........:smug:

I have received =it chris.. thank you.

Ok My opinion.

Skipped through the page and notice it was all about sport events and flower shows. The layout was sparce and they tried to fill space with pictures.

I think Lexus have tried to make the mag for their upmarket customer and if they want to reach the younger audience then they should put more useful information into the mag.

Lexus should start involving racing into these hosted events as most of Lexus's bread and butter is now coming from the younger audience.

Although i will spot that on the front it does say Events Hosted By Lexus.. so I would not really treat it is a Newsletter sort of mag.

However, Lexus could combine the mag into a tasteful design with dealer events, Lexus news, Lexus sports and Lexus Hosted events into one stylish 20 page mag glossy mag. Also combine maybe Lexus merchandise.

If we had track days would Lexus put these in their refined Ethos Extra?

Maybe post your comments on what you would like to see and we could send our comments to Lexus.

[Edited on 17-4-2002 by Administrator]

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links