Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wood Dash For Rx400H

If there is one thing that I disliked about my 400h it was the metallic 1970's centre dashboard and console. I have just fitted a wood dash kit and would like to share it with other members who may feel the same. A photo has been uploaded to members photos. Take a look, I feel it has added a finishing touch to the interior.

My 400h had the wood trim fitted as an extra when new but it still has the matallic bit where the air vents are. Yours looks very nice, where did you get the kit from as I know someone who might be interested in doing it.

My 400h had the wood trim fitted as an extra when new but it still has the matallic bit where the air vents are. Yours looks very nice, where did you get the kit from as I know someone who might be interested in doing it.

Me too.

Tell us more, Where did you getand for how uch?

Was it dificult to fit?

Did the kit include all the wood trimmm on the photo or just the dash?

BR

Billy

Me too.

Tell us more, Where did you getand for how uch?

Was it dificult to fit?

Did the kit include all the wood trimmm on the photo or just the dash?

BR

Billy

Ah I have just noticed you said the wood was fitted as an extra when new. Sorry!

My dealer said the wood was not available in 2006 or I would have had it too..

Billy

Billy,

To make it clear, I did not have the kit fitted by the dealership that was from a reply to my original post. My dealer too told me that it was not available as a retro-fit. I found a supplier in the US and provided them with details and photos so they could produce a right-hand drive version so they now have the template. There are numerous grains and colours available, mine is in dark burlwood which is similar to walnut. Whilst it is claimed to be "real wood" it is a very good lookalike, in fact I suspect all modern wood finishes are not hewn from solid natural timber. There are some 44 pieces in all which are self adhesive and very tacky so need accurate placement. I found it very easy to apply once I got to working with the pieces. My tip would be to start with small pieces first. When applied you use a heat gun or hairdryer to permantely fix. My major concerns were a)would it stick and b)when finished would it look like a pigs ear. I can safely report that my fears were unfounded. It looks great. The kit covers the dash, front storage compartments, door handle surrounds front and rear and surrounds for the electric window controls. The only drawback is the US spec vehicles do not have ashtrays in the rear door armrests so the two pieces provided will not fit. Small drawback for what is a great looking job. I paid $149 plus $50 p&p. Contact,

sales@DashTrimKitStore.com Contact Leonid and quote my recent order.

PO BOX 902

North Chelmsford, MA 01863

1-800-790-1383

dasktrimkitstore.com

Best regards

Ron Fenwick

Additionally, I should have said all the wood in the picture is from the kit including the vents and glove box.

Regards

Ron

Thanks Ron

I think I might try that if I can talk my wife into it :)

Cheers

Billy

• 2 weeks later...

If there is one thing that I disliked about my 400h it was the metallic 1970's centre dashboard and console. I have just fitted a wood dash kit and would like to share it with other members who may feel the same. A photo has been uploaded to members photos. Take a look, I feel it has added a finishing touch to the interior.

Please see my reply to billygarret above "to make it clear" If also you are looking for additional improvements, a pair of running boards makes a real diference to the exterior look.

Good luck

RonnieF

• 6 months later...

Hi Ronnie F,

Have recently taken your advice and fitted a dark burlwood kit to my 2007 RX400h.As you advised LEONID guided me through the process regarding R.H.D.My car is in PERSIAN QUARTZ with BEIGE lather so the dark burlwood kit looks fantastic ! Thanks for your post advice.I will put a photo on the site if I can figure out how to do so !