Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Im wanting to put a double din headunit in replacement of the lexus item, i've seen the facia adapters that are on eBay, but what do they look like with regards to the existing dash plastics? do they match well?

heres the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-2000-LEXUS-LS400-DOUBLE-DIN-RADIO-INSTALL-KIT-8153-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea9bf5604QQitemZ200416384516QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

if anyones fitted one previously, can you post a pic :)

any other solutions also welcome

TO BE HONEST MATE, IT WILL LOOK FINE, HOWEVER, YOUR BETTER OFF GETTING THE FASCIA ADAPTOR FROM HALFORDS, AS I TRIED GET ONE OFF EBAY AND IT DIDNT FIT, I HAD TO MAKE MODIFICATIONS. HALFORDS YOUR BETTER OFF, YOULL HAVE THE PEACE OF MIND

I can't host pics on this site but can email you a pic of my car with a touch screen lcd tv fitted with the surround from US. Just send me a PM with your email and I'll reply asap for you.

Baz.

is the one from halfords the autoleads?

suppose once I get the facia the big job will be doing the wiring, ive heard it can be a pain :duh:

PM'd Baz

I've sent you an Email with pics of the fitted unit diplaying bbc2(top gear) and also sky sports news channel.

I've also sent you the wiring diagrams for the ls400 1990 to 1994. Hope that's the year you have.

The surround you get from eBay USA site. About £15 all in. The double din was also from eBay. Ebayer seller blacksilvertech.

Will loose the rear sib when fitting the unit. There is a way to keep it working off the units but have yet to sit down and work out the wiring. I would say you have to use the rear sub outputs of the new unit and conected them into the factory rear sub wiring. When I do it I'll let you know.

If you need anything else just ask.

Barrie.