Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Two Belts At The Font Of The Engine

Hi Guys....

Ive got a noise coming from one of the belts at the front of the engine behind the radiator.

A quick spray of WD40 shows its the belt closest to the engine.

Can anyone tell me what the belt closest to the engine, ie the smaller one does. Also out of interest what the other one does to.

thanks for any replies.

Hi Guys....

Ive got a noise coming from one of the belts at the front of the engine behind the radiator.

Can anyone tell me what the belt closest to the engine, ie the smaller one does. Also out of interest what the other one does to.

thanks for any replies.

well,

you should not spray an oil on it to start off with as that will make it worse!! water will do the job of checking to see will a belt stop squealing.

the belts are one is for power steering and the other is the charging for the altenator. and some have a third one for air con!

thanks for the reply iano, Do you know what the belt closest to the engine does out of the ones you mention ?

thanks.

Hi Guys....

thanks for any replies.

well,

you should not spray an oil on it to start off with as that will make it worse!! water will do the job of checking to see will a belt stop squealing.

the belts are one is for power steering and the other is the charging for the altenator. and some have a third one for air con!

well

dont have car it at work but 90% it is the power steering belt. . look into the engine bay and if its the belt going to the left its the power steering one cause power steering pump is on the left. and if its going to the right its the altenator one! (that right and left is as your looking into the engine bay) but nearly 100% without looking it is the one for power steering!

ian

If they're making a noise then it's time to replace them. Pretty easy job for someone with a bit of mechanical knowledge or cheap enough to have your mechanic change at your next service

Looks like the larger one runs the water pump & alternator and the smaller one your air con. http://www.toyodiy.c...AEPVK_1605.html