Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! I Cant Lock My Car

Hello people,

I tried to change an interior bulb in my 2003 is200 today, stupidly changing the original for an eBay 'upgrade' LED one. After fitting the LED light lit up. Then went off. After, that none of the other interior lights work, sun visor light wont work, most importantly.... NEITHER WILL THE CENTRAL LOCKING. I have pulled all the fuses out of the fuse box, none are blown. Are there any other fuses? Does it run on a relay? HELP PLEASE

Hello people,

I tried to change an interior bulb in my 2003 is200 today, stupidly changing the original for an ebay 'upgrade' led one. After fitting the led light lit up. Then went off. After, that none of the other interior lights work, sun visor light wont work, most importantly.... NEITHER WILL THE CENTRAL LOCKING. I have pulled all the fuses out of the fuse box, none are blown. Are there any other fuses? Does it run on a relay? HELP PLEASE

This might sound silly, but you might want to try locking all 3 doors from the inside and then use the manual method of putting the key into the door and turn. i know this is only a temporary measure but im sure the experts will be able to help you more on the technical side.

Col

PS im sure you might have tried this already.

when you say "the fuse box" it makes me wonder if you are aware of the three fuseboxes in total in your car ? one under the bonnet,one in each footwell

when you say "the fuse box" it makes me wonder if you are aware of the three fuseboxes in total in your car ? one under the bonnet,one in each footwell

Many Thanks, I didnt know. 1 x 7.5 fuse later all sorted. :) Thanks Again