Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have just bought my first LS400 and am very impressed with the car, which only seems to have one fault. Not every time but perhaps once every couple of days the alarm will go off and it seems the only way to stop it is to lock the car with the key rather than the remote !! any ideas ??

If the Battery goes completly flat are you still able to open the doors with the key.

Many thanks

I have just bought my first LS400 and am very impressed with the car, which only seems to have one fault. Not every time but perhaps once every couple of days the alarm will go off and it seems the only way to stop it is to lock the car with the key rather than the remote !! any ideas ??

If the battery goes completly flat are you still able to open the doors with the key.

Many thanks

Welcome and congrats on making the choice.

Couple of points.

1) Have you utilised the search facility, it really is a massive resource.

2)Is it a late MKIII or early MKIV?

3)What sort of remote do you have?

If the battery goes completly flat are you still able to open the doors with the key.

Many thanks

Welcome and congrats on making the choice.

Couple of points.

1) Have you utilised the search facility, it really is a massive resource.

2)Is it a late MKIII or early MKIV?

3)What sort of remote do you have?

Hi Steve

The car is a mark IV with sat nav and all the toys. The remote has 3 butons (open, close and boot switch) I have two keys both the same . Can you have a new key programed from the original key without the car being there (car is over at our house in spain for the summer)

Regards

Lewis

Hi Steve

The car is a mark IV with sat nav and all the toys. The remote has 3 butons (open, close and boot switch) I have two keys both the same . Can you have a new key programed from the original key without the car being there (car is over at our house in spain for the summer)

Regards

Lewis

Cracking question, but beyond me.

Returning to your original post. I don't know of any car that won't permit entry via the drivers door with the master key but will no doubt be proved wrong (am assuming you refer to the remote batteries). There are various posts on here regarding remotes and flat batteries and alarms. Please plough your way through them.

Many thanks

Hi I had the same problem it turned out to be my adaptors for my lpg which I stored in the centre armrest ( any metal items or cds stored there amplifies the sensitiverty of the motion sensor which is located under the armrest)

Many thanks

Sounds as if the interior motion sensor has gone over-sensitive and needs adjusting. It is quite a common thing. On mine, it was located in/around the centre armrest. Lexus tweaked it and it (amazingly) didn't break the bank.

A slight post hijack here

On my mk IV when you click open the boot via the remote and then physical open the boot the alarm goes off.

Is that normal?

Mine is the same hydrostat. I have to unlock the doors to disarm the alarm before pressing the boot button.

Sorry I can't help solve your problem Lewis

:duh:

Rod

My MK IV allows me to open the boot without the alarm going off? I wonder if that's to be expected or perhaps yours are correct and mine is faulty?

Yes, it's rather nice being able to open just the boot. As an alternative to the alarm problem (I have this also - invariably in good weather) Lexus dealer fix - press the lock button twice instead of just once. The car is still locked but the alarm doesn't go off and I have no idea what else (if anything) this does...

Have you got a mobile phone?

Do you leave it in the car?

Take the phone out and try it.

Many thanks