Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1997 Gs300 Mk1 Pioneer Audio Amp

This topic probably covered before - but have spent days trawling around with little joy.

Is a 1997 UK GS300 Sport. Many years ago managed to put it into a hedge (long story) but body repairs have not been

great and recently discovered that the Pioneer amp (part no : 86280-30200) was under water - amazingly still

worked but with major intermittent crackles. Removed it to clean, but did so too vigourously and broke off one of

the capacitors.

Decided to buy another off eBay (without goinf through the hassle of repairing), but have installed it, but no sound. All features work on HU - can still play CD's, change radio stations etc. but all sound is totally muted. Have checked RAD No1 fuse - OK

Been looking for manual to try and find diagnostics etc.but with no joy

PLease can anyone point me in the right direction

Many apologies for posting a dumb question - but have lost all cranial hair now!

These are the wiring diagrams, not sure if that helps.

mk1_stereo_1.jpg

mk1_stereo_2.jpg

Many thanks - as soon as the rain stops bucketing it down, I will go and check ALL fuses and get the multimeter out

• 2 weeks later...

Great - eventually tracked it down to a single dodgy connection in power connector - had to be something simple.

Many thanks TigerFish, the diags really helped.

Robin

Great - eventually tracked it down to a single dodgy connection in power connector - had to be something simple.

Many thanks TigerFish, the diags really helped.

Robin

Great result

• 2 years later...

Hello Robin, I have the same issue with my 1995 Gs300. I was told by a car stero store rep, that the reason sound wouldnt come out of my speakers was due to an old amplifier. My make and model of the amp is the same as yours. I took the amp out, hoping that if I purchase a new one it will work, but after reading this I'm afraid I might run into the same issue?? Im an electronic dumbass lol and I couldnt read the schematics at all. How could I pursue this to save a bunch of money on an amp, if your issue could be mine as well??

Hello Robin, I have the same issue with my 1995 Gs300. I was told by a car stero store rep, that the reason sound wouldnt come out of my speakers was due to an old amplifier. My make and model of the amp is the same as yours. I took the amp out, hoping that if I purchase a new one it will work, but after reading this I'm afraid I might run into the same issue?? Im an electronic dumbass lol and I couldnt read the schematics at all. How could I pursue this to save a bunch of money on an amp, if your issue could be mine as well??

Where abouts are you?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links